BigD

The Truth People! HotRod VP or Not

Just wondering what people heard or know About the HotRod VP? is it worth the extra or you buying it cuz it says HotRod. i cant seem to find anything to say its better than just buying a regular pump. i found a deal for a VP SO pump and a 150fass LP for 1600 Bucks and a HotRod VP is 1600 Alone! unless im wrong and somebody knows a better deal or if the HotRod is Worth the $$$:smart:

the conversion would be cool but want to turn the shit up and down you know get a little to drunk and some broad needs to drive the truck.:drool

I would also reccommend lookin at the Air Dog instead of the FASS. The spec numbers are better, the warranty is the same and the price is cheaper. And they have been around for years and proven the reliability. They just don't have the advertising budget that FASS does.

The Fass was the original pump developed, then a family rift sent the company in tow seperate directions and the Air dog was developed from the FASS. So the FASS was the proto-type for it.

I have done a bit of reading on the HR VP44 in the past.

From what I gather...

It's a great pump if you need the extra power and can live with the poor idle quality and reduced fuel economy.

I wouldn't personally run it on a daily driver. Blue Chip Diesel makes a pump called the "X" or something like that that put out a bit more power and is daily driveable.

I have the Blue Chip performance pump on mine. He doesn't sell it as a will make higher HP pump but he does warranty it hands down against anything you do and it is a completely new pump, not a rebuilt anything on it. He is not cheap, but the merchandise is top quality, customer serice is unbeatable and Chip probably knows more about the VP44 then anybody our there to date.

I have an HRVP, it will add about 100 HP by itself, it didn't change my idle and as for economy I don't think it changes the economy all that much, my dually is getting 18.5 - 20.5 highway with the HRVP, you tell me if thats good or not.

For some reason the idle lope is bad on some trucks and others aren't affected from what I have read. There was a video on TDR a while back that a guy posted and his truck ran like it was a gasser with a big lumpy cam in it.

With the HR VP44, does a fueling box still work pretty good, or is the pump already doing what a fueling box does to it?

The Fass was the original pump developed, then a family rift sent the company in tow seperate directions and the Air dog was developed from the FASS. So the FASS was the proto-type for it.

Not throwing this off topic your close but other way around the son I think developed fass after airdog had been out for a while. They are different because the airdog had a patent so he had to change it.Kevin knows alot more maybe he will chime in. Back on subject just remember names can be decieving.

If I were to replace a VP44 pump right now, I would first check out the local guys.

I like local because they are close if there are problems, the money is staying "home" and also there is a bit more trust in them. If they sell you junk, it's not going to take long until the word is out and they are hurting for business.

Usually you can talk to the guy that is doing the work and they will so what you'd like.

Give the sponsors on here a call and see what they can do for you.

Other wise, I would go to the big guys... Industrial Injection, Blue Chip, etc. I'd just get a normal pump and run a good fueling box, like a TST, Edge, etc.

Course this is all my opinion.

A HRVP is an 027 with an 028 board, the Fed Ex pumps use a different board to combat heat issues, don't believe everything you hear. Also, the Air Dog was the original stand alone fuel system.

And before it was AirDog it was the Fuel Preporator.

Charlie is he father and inventor of the product. He holds the patents.

Just a few notes about AirDog and the Raptor pumps.

The first kit to come standard with 1/2" lines

The first kit to offer externally adjustable pumps (Raptor now- AirDog soon?)

The first to offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I am biased as a dealer, but it looks like Pureflow is leading and innovating, FASS is reacting.

Sorry for the commercial.

I agree HRVP pumps seem to do little over a SO pump when fueling boxes are added.

Dave

I have an HRVP, it will add about 100 HP by itself, it didn't change my idle and as for economy I don't think it changes the economy all that much, my dually is getting 18.5 - 20.5 highway with the HRVP, you tell me if thats good or not.

A little late to chime in here, but...

Friend has the HRVP on his daily driver, with no issues, and no difference in idling. Running Edge Juice, Smarty, HRVP, and stock everything else 'cept exhaust. No mileage change, no idle change.

Once you go past 750-800hp, HRVP is no different really the SO or even HO VP. You might see a 20-50 hp difference after 800. Emphasis on might. VPs are like everyting else electronic. Some may go forever, some crap out a year or so later.

Knock on wood, still on stock VP, 200600 miles, Edge, 62mm turbo, 120 hp sticks, used to have a Superchip but sent that down the road, and a FASS. NO ISSUES. Just my :2cents.

I think your better off putting a normal pump in and couple that with a fueling box.

That would be handy for towing/emissions too.... since you can shut off the fueling box if you need to.

If you wanna get serious with power there is always the Monster pumps but they are for these guys runnin the 800 plus HP ranges. They also take lots of new pieces as in new supply tubes and an insane amount of fuel flowing through them.