• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Uncle Bubba

Somebody Explain Me To Me

I've been ponderin somethin for a long time now and I still can't make heads or tails of it so maybe somebody out here can. I bought my truck in 1999 and by 2000 I was slappin parts to it startin the build up. My question is why. I've spent thousands through the years in dollars and hours workin on a truck that ran great and did everything I could ever need it to before I even started.

I've never had it on the dragstrip, I've never used it to pull a sled, it's never been in a show and it sure isn't a Dyno Queen. Only been dynoed once in all the years. This is an everday driver and work truck. It does pull some heavy loads up around 30,000 pounds at times. But the first thing I do when I hook a trailer up is turn all the power chips off cause I don't like the heat and the truck doesn't need them to pull anyway. So that can't be why I do it.

I have had it across the country several times on trips and have had it up as fast as 115mph when it was new. I didn't have the gadgets on yet then and now days I might get up as fast as 80mph on occasion but even that's rare anymore. So evidently I don't need the mods for that.

I have even had a 4 bottom plow behind this truck and plowed my pasture with it. Put it in 4 low and spent hours goin up and down the rows. I didn't have the box turned on to do that cause I wanted to be sure and keep the temps down. So I don't need em for the farm work. Even though this was a one time thing cause my tractor was dead and I needed to get it done.

I don't even turn these things up that high while I'm drivin around the streets cause I don't wanna smoke out innocent bystanders that just happen to be behind me. So I don't need em for that either.

So somebody tell me why I have spent all this time and money on a truck that if I hadn't done all of this I would have long since traded off and had me a new one by now anyway. Now I can't trade it, I got to much money in it.$$$:-( :-x

Not that I wouldn't do it again, I just don't understand why.

I'm tryin to fight it hard right now. I want one of them new Quad Adrenaline boxes and I'm tryin to justify why I need it. I have a Comp Drag that I just got back from Edge having it updated and haven't even ran it yet and an EZ that's been sittin here forever waitin to be listed for sale and a set of wheels and tires left over from installing the Rickson's.

I really don't wanna drop another $600 that I don't have just to add to the collection but I'm strugglin right now to not call the order in. This is a sickness, a disease that needs a cure.

I am a little bit anal when it comes to projects I undertake. I research, do more research, talk to guy's that have done it then do some more research. I have a final destination that I am going with the mods I am going to do and have done. I marvel at the things these guy's can do with horsepower and speed, but I try and not get caught up in it, I know where I want my truck to be and I am enjoying the trip.

ive reached this point a couple times also. My truck is my hobby, I dont drink on a regular basis, I dont do drugs, and Im pretty much a homebody, its my way to unwind, its what I enjoy doing (usually). So let the good mods roll :)

Same here. I loved working in the shop at Sears. It was a great break from the same old everyday grind of A.F. stuff.

ive reached this point a couple times also. My truck is my hobby, I dont drink on a regular basis, I dont do drugs, and Im pretty much a homebody, its my way to unwind, its what I enjoy doing (usually). So let the good mods roll :)

I'm with Dan, I leave work so pissed I can't see straight, hit a packed road where I can't get out of 3rd, finally see an opening and let her scream.... spank a porche or four, powerslide through the exit ramp, grab 5th, peg the boost guage and all of a sudden I'm feeling like life aint so bad....

I'm with Dan, I leave work so pissed I can't see straight, hit a packed road where I can't get out of 3rd, finally see an opening and let her scream.... spank a porche or four, powerslide through the exit ramp, grab 5th, peg the boost guage and all of a sudden I'm feeling like life aint so bad....

Now that's some imagery right there! :thumbup:

Now that is a major stress reliever....

What's my big ole fat belly got to do with it.:lol: :lol:

Now that is some funny stuff right there...:lol:

Right on Im with you nothing will make you unwind like that. I hate those little rice rockets and it really makes there eyes open when they come flying up behind you and then they can't see for all the smoke and the truck is gone. :twisted:

I have probably spent enough money on my last 3 trucks to pay cash for trhe one i have now.....What the hell is wrong with us...i can't leave well enough alone.

Guest 9812VCTD

I'll quit after I get this last mod done....this will be good enough.......How many times have I told myself that....:-?

Justin

I have spent enough money on my gasser to buy a solid second gen cummins... It's a never ending process of spending money. $$$ $$$ $$$

Oh well let the good times, and power mods roll! :cheer::burn

I've dumped so much money into mine that now I don't want to drive it for work, let anyone touch it, kids can't eat in it and I had to go buy a second one just to be able to drive a diesel everday. Doesn't make sense does it???:lol: Oh well it's so much fun:twisted: :twisted:. Oh and I have to mod the wife's yukon, my sleds, dirtbike, four wheelers and what ever else I can get my hands on. Bottom line STOCK SUCKS!!!

I'll quit after I get this last mod done....this will be good enough.......How many times have I told myself that....:-?

Justin

HAHAHAHAHA..... Now thats a funny one....

I can't even count how many times I said that. Then somethin new comes out and I run the truck hard enough to brake it and I'll be damned now I need that new part.

The problem now is that the trucks been sittin dead in the driveway for two weeks waitin for the snow to melt off of it so I can finish puttin on the parts I already have half installed. I'm havin a tuff time justifying parts to make it go faster and pull harder when it doesn't even move right now.

i say to myself alot that i am done doing mods on my pickup then i go and do a stupid thing like run it on a dyno and get all pissed off and decide i need more parts and some more tuneing its a viscous cycle