• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Dangle

My Old Tuck and a Painfull Lesson Learned.

I sold my old 01 Dodge to a friend, my friend Matt tows alot and i do mean heavy. Here a while back he started having issues that really sounded like a bad VP, here is where things went bad. The truck got drove a while till Matt gathered the cash to swap the VP...he swapped the truck and it still ran like crap...blue smoke, knocking and still tried to run with the key off. I sent Matt a set of injectors and matt Swapped out the BD stage 4's, the truck ran great!!! Matt sent off the inj to Industrial and found that one of the tips had split and was dumping a large amount of fuel. Matt drove the truck for about 2 weeks and it never ran better, no problems. Thursday Matt had his gooseneck and 4 horses loaded and the truck started knocking and blew all the engine oil out the crank case vent....bad news, i'm pretty sure he lost a piston in the hole where the bad inj was. Matt has decided to put a used engine in the truck, trade it in and buy a new Dually that will soot his needs better.

I hate to see this happen to my old truck, as some of my good friends already know the truck was basically like new when i sold it and ran perfect aswell. I hate to see the truck stripped of all the goodies and traded off but it is not mine anymore and i made the choice to sell it. I wish Matt the best and it is very nice having a nearly new truck, i hope he enjoys his new truck that he plans to get.

I kinda wish i would have not sold it but what's done is done now, I wanted a new truck and i could not afford both. Don't get me wrong...Matt and i are good buddies and i hope he gets it resolved how ever it happens.

Matt has decided to put a used engine in the truck, trade it in and buy a new Dually that will soot his needs better.
He must be getting another Dodge :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

My grandpa had sold his plum crazy purple 1970 Challenger 440 w/ six pack to a highschool kid because he was in financial trouble, and a week later he found out the the kid rolled it out on blacks creek and just about killed himself racing it.

I hate to see things like this happen. Atleast your still friends, and he didnt take it personal.

Guest ShanesLB7

That is the bad thing about selling things to friends... I try to avoid that....