Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mopar1973Man

Edge Comp Problem???

Guest Mopar1973Man

Well The Edge Comp seems to quit on me gang...

I turned it up on 5x5 and it didn't have the seat of the pants pull any longer... But if I turn down to 1x1 it seems to defuel just fine. I checked the IP plate and made sure I was getting signal to the tapped wire (+12V).

I've got no extra power in the highier mode 4x4 or 5x5. No smoke. It seems to take forever to spool up and get going. It does get up to 30-32 PSI in boost but it takes forever to get there...

Good fuel pressure also 14 Idle, 13 cruise, 10 WOT

It like its defueling all the time like if you set it on 5x1 or something...

I think I found the problem... You'll never believe me...

The MAP sensor is bad... Yeap! If I disconnect from it all my power is back. As a matter of fact with the COMP OFF it blows a small puff of black smoke with the COMP ON 5x5 it doesn't blow smoke at all... But either way boost climbed very slowly even with the COMP OFF. So why would it fuel slowly unless the ECU was seeing very little boost pressure... So I pulled the MAP sensor lead and...

POOF! The black rolls again big as ever... So In my finding the MAP sensor is my problem... The Edge COMP was masking it and the ECU isn't going to throw a error... But with the lead disconnected I will get a error code... P0236 MAP to High Too Long... (Basically no signal from the MAP)

I know the Mopar MAP sensor part number is 5017791-AA

But does anyone know the Cummins Part number for the MAP sensor??? I'm hoping to save a few bucks...

Guest Mopar1973Man

Ok... I found out that the stock 2002 sensor is no longer made by Cummins. They have replaced it with a new part and part number... Which I'll post soon.

I'm heading up to pick up my new sensor and adpater today from Grangeville, ID.

I post the prices, pics, and part numbers for future reference

Guest Mopar1973Man

I've got it all fixed now... :thumbup:

It got the new MAP sensor from Bell Equoment in Grangeville, ID. It cost me just about $100 for both the sensor and the adpter for it.

Still made a savings over the stealership! :thumbup:

DSCF1390.jpg

There it is! I got to admit it pulls better now and smoother power. And on 5x5 you get some good ol' :coal