• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Dangle

A Special Thanks to Rob @ ATP

Dangle    0

Thanks for taking the time to school us on the biulding of a Allison Trans. I feel pretty confident that i could biuld one on my own with maybe only the ocasional phone call...LOL I appreciate you taking the time to tell us why we are doing the modifications and what it does.

Also a big thanks to Steve Sr for letting us have the event at his shop. I think everyone now has a better understanding of why Allison is the "KING OF THE HILL " when it comes to pickup trannys.

nate    0

I was just glad to make it home. I honestly don't remember most of the trip back. Got home around 0200. I had been up since 0430 the day before, so it was a LONG day! Put around 300 miles on my truck yesterday since I dropped Josh's truck off and spent most of the day in Boise running errands.... then I went back up to help out/watch.

Oh, don't listen to the stupid GPS if you ever go to Homedale. That thing sent us into a trailer park, then it had me going all over the place after as well.

I had a good idea where to go, but I followed the stupid thing and it got me lost pretty much :lol:

The Allison is a fairly easy trans to build from what I saw. It's very straight forward, doesn't even have bands in it. Also the ATSG book is very good. Take a look at that same book for a Dodge trans and it was written back in the 70s and just updated for the new trans... so it's got a 30 yr spread of transmissions all mixed together