• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
RockinJW

Got my new turbo

33 posts in this topic

Just got my new GT-42R in the mail this week. Will be installing it this weekend oughta make some boost now baby.

Will have it just in time for the races in Bakersfield next weekend. Hoping to get some 600hp dyno sheets to post up for you guys too

Good, 600 ponies would have given us a birds eye view of the insides of a 7.3 with PMR's!

It's a full built motor by Wide Open Performance. As long as the block holds together we should be okay.

I already got rid of the 38R, it's too good of a turbo to have sitting around. That 38R is an awesome turbo, it just wasn't big enough anymore.

BB wouldve been nice. did you have any problems with the 38r surging at all? Some on PSN were talkin of 38r surgin every now and then.

I ran the 38R with mini me injectors, and yes it would surge. But you would have to make it. Intentially lug the motor down on a steep grade. Under normal driving conditions it never surged.

I've got a buddy that has the 38R with stock injectors and it's never surged ever. I don't think there is a better turbo out there for anything smaller than hybrid injectors. No complaints from me.

Even with my HUGE stage V injectors it still did pretty well...

Yeah, I hope it works good. I'll take some pictures of it when Im at WOP tomorrow, and try to take some video while I'm in Cali. Hopefully be able to film a 600hp run on the dyno:thumbup:

JD Wop-your just mad because you took the easy route to 600hp. It's okay that you're jealous my PStroke will eat your Common Rail for lunch

Yeah, I hope it works good. I'll take some pictures of it when Im at WOP tomorrow, and try to take some video while I'm in Cali. Hopefully be able to film a 600hp run on the dyno:thumbup:

JD Wop-your just mad because you took the easy route to 600hp. It's okay that you're jealous my PStroke will eat your Common Rail for lunch

actually it is 776 hp and my motor is aaaaaa in my truck right now, where is yours at again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Heres a picture of the old GT38R sitting next to the GT42R

http://powerstrokenation.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1206&cat=recent&limit=recent

And thanks to the new charger I ended up running a 13.1@102 down in California saterday. Truck weighs 7780 pounds so it should be up around 560hp on fuel.

Here's a video, this was my slowest run of the day. The 6.0 I'm racing was spraying 150hp of nitrous

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3081217790100811895ZlSWHe?vhost=good-times&vhost=good-times

Thats awesome.:thumbup: Need to get that thing on the rollers.:twisted:

Just so you can get a better idea of how big that turbo is. Here is a bb turbo next to a stock obs turbo.

1112602416051278237S425x425Q85.jpg

That vid is sweet! Black smoke all the way down the track! :thumbup:

Holy cow that thing is HUGE! :-o

Yeah, it's definalty not small. And with all that smoke all the way down the track, I'm still in need of a bigger one, or some N20. :lol:

This truck will never see nitrous though. Fuel only, bottles are for babies