• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

BlackCloud

freeway shut down

so just a few min ago i was driving home on I-15 and when i got to the flying Y my engine lost all power. and no it was not a limp. I lost all throttle response. once the truck slowed its self down to around 50mph the power came back. one other thing to mention was that before the shut down the converter was not engaged. but once the power came back it was engaged.

this is also not the first time this has happened. last time was going the other way in the same section of freeway towing a tracksteer.

any ideas?

Do you have any engine mods such as a programmer or harness box? Did your truck throw a check engine light when it happened? Do you have anything that will pull codes to see if there is anything stored?

sorry. 01 duramax. tripple dog set to crazy larry, 4" straight pipe.

no codes thrown at all. I called my buddy at bullydog for help and he never called me back

I do need a new fuel filter. maybe ill go buy one tomorrow

Do you have the bully dog that you can change on the fly? If so did you have the hand held plugged into the OBD II port when it happened? If so I would unplug it to see if it does it again. If it still does it when it's unplugged, or if it wasn't plugged in, I would put the programming back to stock to see if it happens again. It's always easier to diagnose problems with stock programming.

Do you have the bully dog that you can change on the fly? If so did you have the hand held plugged into the OBD II port when it happened? If so I would unplug it to see if it does it again. If it still does it when it's unplugged, or if it wasn't plugged in, I would put the programming back to stock to see if it happens again. It's always easier to diagnose problems with stock programming.

X2.. I had a fluke deal, not with it losin power but I put it back to stock and problem was gone, downloaded the tune back up and still no prob.. Good luck..

my edge would do something like this.take it off and see if it still does it.some chips like edge have a hard time with the duramax computer.you would be surprised how many times edge has came out with new versions for them.and that is just for the lb7.mine wouldn't do it all the time either.it was few and far between.but was very annoying when it did do it.