• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

CrashCade

So, Just when you thought your Day was going bad....

So I was headed North Bound on Holmes coming up to 12th street in the #2 lane, the one closest to the curb. Well there was a suburban in the #1 lane making a left onto 12th st headed West. Well the lady heading south on holmes making a left onto 12th st east, must have had her eyes closed or forgot to look for the BIG BLACK BEAST with all the light on the front coming down the road. . .:burn

:-( She turned left right in front of me. I smacked her Ford exploder so hard it spun her around so that her back bumper actually scrapped the driver side of my truck from front door all the way back to the bed.

The worst part is, it cracked my front Road Armor bumper, broke my $1200 HID driving light put my winch throught the AC condensor, Trans cooler, Intercooler, and radiator. Tweaked the front end of my truck so good, you couldn't open the passenger side door at all.

So after this hahaha, Small collision, I get out fuming, thanking god my hand canon was in the center console. Then I realized, that the lady was in her mid to upper 50 and possibley having a heart attack, She went code 3 to the hosipital but was totally conscious and talking.:thumbup:

I am not sure if it was her seat belt that hurt or the sight of my truck about to end her life.

All in all, It totalled her truck she had no airbags in her '94 exploder so she was lucky there, My Road armor took so much of the brunt that it missed my airbag sensors. Thank God, cause that was the only scary part for me, a canvas bag flying at me at 200mph. I even repositioned my hands on my steering wheel to keep them away from the air bag gasses.

I took my truck to Majestic where I quickly learned they are straight production shop, couldn't garautee that any of my door or fender gaps would line up to factory spec and they had unsecured storage.

So now I am think Broadway Ford per Progressive.

Does anybody have any other body shops that they can recommend that can handle the bumpers, winches, HID lights.... Aftermarket intercoolers and all that fun stuff? (if someone says custom auto:twisted: ) they need to be banned!

My concern is that Road Armor is 3-4 weeks out on build time... I am going to get it raw without the road armor cutout and just have it paint to match instead of powder coated...

Bummer is it totally tweaked my hood something fierce and busted my grille.:-x

Hopefully everything else is okay and that the turbo stayed where it was supposed to and the CP3 didn't retain any damage!

Well, I hope that everyone else had a great day compared to this...

sucks. sorry to hear. its that name 'crash' in u usernam :lol:

dr c, a sponser on the site makes that style of bumper and he right here in idaho

Sorry to hear of the accident...i'm glad everyone is ok and your truck can be saved.

You might say i had a peach of a day myself.......no comment.

Guest 9812VCTD

Damn sorry to hear about that......Glad no one was hurt but it really sucks to have all that damage done to your truck. Hopefully you can find a body shop that will put it back to the way it was before the accident.

Justin

Damn, My truck was my baby... No one was hurt. I just came back from the hospital after getting x-rays done to make sure all my titanium rods were still in place in my spine. I am hoping that my truck can be put back together to my likings.

Who can post pics for me if I send them to you via email. The pis I have are just off of a crappy cell phone. I am taking my good Digital camera down tomorrow to take some hi-res pics.

My Road armor finally had enough with that 45-50mph closing speed. I know I bent the frame because the bumper is welded to the front frame rails instead of just being bolted for strength purposes. I just know that with all the mods, I am going to play hell trying to get it all fixed without an atty.

I am thinking Bauer's in BlackFoot or Broadway Ford here in IF for the repairs, my concerns are them getting all my electrical routed and connected correctly.

I Will get pics pics as soon as someone can post them for me!

Sorry to hear about your truck. That's a bummer. Try Dan's Collision on the corner of 17th and Rollandet. They have done good for me on my trucks.

Guest ShanesLB7

Man sorry to hear about the truck the pic's you sent me in the e-mail made me cry!!!:-( That truck was my inspiration for my 05!!!!

Ouch!

Some people need driving lessons! I left work tonight and someone in a Mustang parked right against the front of my Jeep. No joke, there wasn't even 1/2" from my winch fairlead and the top of their hood. The bumper was under my Jeep, almost against the steering linkages. I was half tempted to "accidentally" put it in drive instead of reverse.

I really don't care body wise, since that gets scrapped on rocks all time. Had it been my truck, I would have been a little mad.

Well, I am starting to get excited. I was supposed to have my truck back this Friday, but the bumper didn't get ordered weeks ago like it was supposed to. So, we were able to order an Alien Patrol bumper and get it sent out on a rush within 5 days from ordering. (try that with Road Armor) Also, the Alien Patrol shipped with a "rush" was still cheaper than the Road Armor.

So, We got a '06-'08 Front clip on it and are just waiting for the bumper. I figured the truck could use a face lift and we are almost there. Everything on the truck is going to be black. Black Billet, Black Headlights... (Murdered out)! So, I am trying to get a hold of a set of 37" tires for my Stock wheels so that I can send my wheels out for some powder coating.

I was told that my truck should be painted this week and then we are just waiting for the bumper and grill to show. Once those come, they get paint and I will have it back!

I am not sure what winch we are throwing in the bumper this time, Somewhere around a 16.5 Warn. Then I will have all new HID fogs in my bumper.

I keep trying to tell myself that it is still going to be another 2-3 weeks maybe a month so I don't get let down, but I am soooo ready to get it back!

We have some big suspension plans for it onceI get the darn thign back, so. . . The quicker I get it the sooner I can get the front end suspension redone!

Crash, i believe i still have a set of 37" Toyo MT's laying around you would be more than welcome to borrow. let me know.

glad your truck is almost done.

Guest ShanesLB7

Right on... So did you get the bumper?? I have a full set of alien patrol bumpers... Front and rear!!:thumbup: