• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Does anyone have a hi idle trick that can bump the idle to about 1200. The only one I see is to flash the computer. I would rather have mine on a switch. I thought maybe some one had played with this idea. I can wire it, I just need some insite as to what to wire.

Thanks Jake

ya wire with a fuse connector thingy to a fuse in the fusebox tht is keyed on.

ya adj to 1200. then u get ready to use justgoose pedal to 1200 or so, hold a sec while ya flip switch, then ease off on pedal

ive had harolds fst idler on the majority of my 10 cummins pwred rigs

Ok Muddy need more info then Just Harold, unless that's the handle he goes by here and I've just missed him. I want one to.

I've always thought about just runnin the choke cable to the top of the go pedal to set the idle, just haven't gotten around to lookin into it any.

99 his handle is hbowers and I got ahold of him and I will call him the first of Feb when he gets home. He said that he would help us out. Its -4 here and mine will never warm up.

99 his handle is hbowers and I got ahold of him and I will call him the first of Feb when he gets home. He said that he would help us out. Its -4 here and mine will never warm up.

Thanks, be sure to let me know what you find out. It's -1 here and I'm in the same boat. I let the truck idle while I do my barn stuff and try to keep a pry bar propped on the pedal but it tends to fall off once in a while and then I come back to a cold truck.:-(

Wonder if this works on other cars and truck also or if it is specific for these. Sure would be nice to be able to set the idle up on these little play toy trackers I junk around in.

Wonder if this works on other cars and truck also or if it is specific for these. Sure would be nice to be able to set the idle up on these little play toy trackers I junk around in.

Dennis, a lot of the rock crawler guys have a hand throttle set up. This can be set up on any vehicle that has a throttle cable: Click here Get an Indexed shifter and it will click into position and hold relatively well.

Dennis, a lot of the rock crawler guys have a hand throttle set up. This can be set up on any vehicle that has a throttle cable: Click here Get an Indexed shifter and it will click into position and hold relatively well.

Thanks YMMOT, I tried this on an older Carbed tracker I had and ran into the same problem he did with the cable binding up at the wrong times. Looks like he found the fix though usin a chain on the end of it instead of attaching the cable to the throttle linkage. :thumbup:

harold, [itd nenber hbowers] fast idler works perfect for me. solinoid wired to a switch. mine is set for 1200rpm. made specific for particular truck, auto or manual

I use a fast idle solenoid on a prefabed bracket wired to a toggle switch. I can make one for the 24 valve trucks auto or standard trans. email me, I will send info price etc.

also w/ the fast idle device ya can kick it up whrn idling in summr w/ ac on.

like dennis i want to be able to turn off and on

If you guys want I can bring my Smarty to the Bomb Party. All you need to so is run a catcher program, then return it back to "stock" and it will give you the high idle deal.

You page through the drivers DIC with the steering wheel controls and when "High Idle" pops up you turn it on by saying yes.

OH WAIT!!! Thats only on the GM products... LOL ( | )

Rob

You page through the drivers DIC with the steering wheel controls and when "High Idle" pops up you turn it on by saying yes.

OH WAIT!!! Thats only on the GM products... LOL ( | )

Rob

The 06 cummins does.

I had harolds high idler on my 01 and it worked great...I loved it. With harold's you can turn the high idle on at will...any time you wish, summer , winter etc. Harolds is also adjustable so you could idle higher or lower if you wish.

Actually, according to the TSB's the idle up feature is available back to the 98.5 ECU's. Controlled thru the CC just like the big boys. :lol:

realy could you give us some more info on which tsb this was i am very intrested for the wifes 01 thanks