• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Snowman

What should i do

I have looked around here some and I have some questions? I was wondering what I should go with the edge comp or the juice with attitude. I have the comp but not the wiring harness and it is $150 and then put the guages in it. Or spend the money on the juice. But i could go with the comp and have the money left over to put it into the fuel system as a fass or something along those lines. And also is it worth it to send the comp in and have it flashed. Thanks for any input.

Thanks Jake

first thing i would do is get a fuel pressure guage so you can monitor your lift pump so you dont kill your injector pump along with boost and pyro guages then i would go to a box if everything is ok i will let some others chime in here but that was the first thing we did when we got the wifes truck also welcome to the sight

Welcome Snowman!

I second the guages on the truck before anything else.

Boost, pyro, fuel pressure, and trans temp for your slush box!

Glad to see you over here on the ITD. Figured you'd get more help on here since we are all running diesels... and the smart ones of the group run Dodges 8-)

Get the Juice with Attitude. Power adder plus has all the gauges.

If your stock fuel pump is in decent shape, it will be ok with the Edge. It is "marginal" though.

Expect to need a new clutch or auto trans rebuild if you run it on the higher programs. The stockers are good for stock power and that's about it.

As for the comp box, you might be able to run that as well, "stacking the boxes" is what it's called. I'm not sure on that though, since I've never messed with a comp box.

I just have to warn you, adding power gets expensive and it's more addicting than crack haha.

first thing i would do is get a fuel pressure guage so you can monitor your lift pump so you dont kill your injector pump along with boost and pyro guages then i would go to a box if everything is ok i will let some others chime in here but that was the first thing we did when we got the wifes truck also welcome to the sight

X3.....................

I fully agree with you guys guages are first. I have the boost guage. But the comp box will only cost me $150 to install and all I really wanted the juice for is the turbo timer. And what I have hurd the comp adds more power then the juice with attitude is this true. Im not rich but i want guages more power and to make sure my fuel system is good. I was also wondering what a stock turbo on those should spool with my filter and 4in exhaust mine spools 16psi Is that normal? I have been told it should be more.

Thanks

also when tightening the boot clamps look on your lower intercooler boots they have had a tendincy to rub withthe inner fender just take a pair of plyers and bend the sheet metal back away from the boots if you would like to it gives me some piece of mind knowing that the boots are clear from them but iagree 16 is a bit low

You say you have to put $150 into the Comp.

Ok... now you need a pryo, trans temp and fuel pressure. Looking at about $250-300 in guages, and another $50-60 for a pillar holder.

So your looking at $500. For another $200 you could get the Juice w/Attitude, which would have everything, plus a bunch more features.

I'm not sure power wise. I know the Attitude on 5 is enough to kill a stock trans in short order.

Well $289 for guages and both pods and i just thought that I would use the extra money to put twords a fass and big line kit from Vulcan. I thought that would be a good place to start, anyone agree? Or if not tell me so

It depends.

I have had Comps, TSTs, Smartys, ect and now I run the Juice/ Attitude. Mostly just for something different. But I preferred the simplicity of the Drag COmp and the ability to stealth mount it in the ashtray.

As far as the gauges, I think the Attitude gauges suck. They in no way compare to the round gauges on the pillar for keeping track of what's happening when boost is climbing past the 60psi mark. Since I have both, you can figure out which I use....

The turbo timer is nice, the alerts are a joke and the defueling feature will be the nice when Hell freezes over and I let someone else drive my truck. Not to mention you have to find a place to mount the display. Which is about 4 shades to bright of thermonuclear for my tastes. I have since applies a small bit of tint to tone it down as I didn't want to open up the case.

Dave

Diesel Distributors USA

Wow ok Dave well thanks for the reply. That is what i wanted to here. I wanted the truth about it and not what everyone thinks you should know. Let me ask you do you get more out of the comp or juice with attitude? And what do you recommend for a lp and what is the desired pressure to run. And nate what does the air dog run money wise?

Jake

Airdog is ~$500 vs $700 for the FASS.

The Juice w/Attitude setup works nice. The guages are a little slow compared to an analog guage, but it's not that bad. The alert is nice when you can't keep an eye on the guages...

Most trucks aren't running 60psi unless you've got a nice compound turbo setup or a big single maybe could do it. Most gauges only go to 60psi as well... I'm sure you could find a higher one and mount it on the pillar though.

Place to mount 1 small display or 3-4 gauges... hmmm.

Not sure about the bright thing, I thought there was a setting to turn it down? The trucks I have driven/ridden that had the Juice/Attitude weren't too bright at night.

Edge comp and Edge Juice are both 120hp & 350ft/lbs

The AirDog full systems with the line kit are $499 shipped off my site. The 150gph and larger pumps require the use of a draw tube and is included in the 150 pump. I recommend them with all pumps.

The Raptor is another option without the filters, you just plumb throught he factory filter. $369 for the 100gph and $379 for the 150gph. Neither of these pumps include the draw tube as theya re a on demand/ non-bypass setup.

Free ground shipping is included.

The Juice vs comp made the same HP for me. This includes the drag comp vs the HOT Juicee as well.

The reason I prefer the analog gauges is at a momentary glance, I can tell where my EGTs are at, trans temp, total boost and primary boost is at. It takes a fraction of the time to monitor the gauges based on needle position vs trying to decifer the number for individual values and to track what they are doing. It's much, muchj easier with analog gauges.

As far as the brightness thing, IF you like all your gauge lights cranked up to the brightest setting, the display brightness probably wont be an issue. I prefer the cab darker and it is clearly the brightest light in the cab. Place that at of near eye level and it is a huge distraction.

It's my opinion gauges should blend into the cab and not create a distraction.

Don't mean to ruffle any feathers. These are just my observations in my truck.

Dave

you can get a pusher pump from fass for cheaper and retain your stock filter and heater contact smokin monster on here he can get you some more info he runs one on his and likes it

I think for a few extra $$s it makes me feel warm and fuzzy with the filters on the Air Dog or fast.

The stock one is ok, but it's not the best thing out there.

yep, that big 3 micron filter makes me a bit more comfortable. airdog and FASS are basically the same thing, however from what I've seen it's easier to get customer service for the FASS from DPP, Dan over there will bend over backwards to help out if you have issues.