• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RANDY

Bumper raise

Well got the bumper raised. It had to be raised a total of 3" to get it where the space is less than a 1/4" from bumper to grill.. It came out good..

Heres before 100_3036.jpg

Heres after 100_3056.jpg

Guest POWERTRIP
Well got the bumper raised. It had to be raised a total of 3" to get it where the space is less than a 1/4" from bumper to grill.. It came out good..

Heres after 100_3056.jpg

Ok first off on want to know is who was drinkin the keystone light?

Looks good Randall:thumbup:

That would be Randall...notice the dent and the turned tab...dead give away for Randy..LOL

I just noticed that beer in there... LOL

Ok first off on want to know is who was drinkin the keystone light?

Looks good Randall:thumbup:

That was me.... Thanks.....

Guest POWERTRIP

Randy come on man. I thought i could get over the duramax thing...but keystone....:poke

You took more pics I hope? I told you to so the other night on chat so my brother could do it on his truck.

WTF do they have the bumper low like that anyhow?

I used 3" square tubing to do the raise... The grill assembly just snaps off then you cut the black spacer off the bottom of the grill. You have to notch the lower bracket thats attached to the frame about 1/2-3/4". You then notch the bumper itself where the tow hooks come thru to allow for the frame to fit in. We took the bracket that attaches to the plate on the side of the bumper and flipped them to the opposite side, only down side to that is you only use one bolt instead of two but it works just as good. The only cutting that you really do is on the lower bracket on the frame and on the bracket on the bumper. You only notch the bracket on the bumper to allow room for the frame.. On DP they only used 2" tubing but I like it tucked tight with minimal gap.. I also used a 2 1/2 shim for the bottom bracket so both bolts that hold bumper are stable.. Now I need to figure how I'm going to do my tow hooks.. Shouldn't be a problem though.. In pic below is where the 3" spacer goes, It has the 2" on it but I ended up using 3"

100_3050.jpg

Now I need to figure how I'm going to do my tow hooks.. Shouldn't be a problem though..

Yeah ya do, cuz your gonna need em so you can get pulled around at Bdog days when you go pidgeon towed

:popcorn

WTF do they have the bumper low like that anyhow?

It's mounted that low because body is mounted about 2 in. higher on hd trucks than half ton trucks but the bumpers are in the same position.

Looks good Randy.

Thanks guys.. I need to lower it about 1/2 inch though.. I started thinkin about when it gets at an angle, don't want the bumper to smash up the grille. I only have about 1/16 of an inch between the two, so I gots to do it again and get it a little lower for some clearance with the grille..