• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

ChuckD

Tanks

I found some tanks that are real nice tanks. They are plastic with a mettle frame around them. They are 275 gal. 48X42X47 inch. They come with a ball valve on the bottom and about a 6 inch cap on the top. They are real clean, nice tanks. $130 each. Mite be able to get 330 gal tanks for $150 each. They are a little taller. Can also get lye and methinal in 5 gal. buckets. He said the last methinal he got was about $4.80 a gal.

That's not a bad price on the Methanol. Lowest I have found yet was $6 per gallon. It doesn't take a whole lot of lye to do the process, but a 5 gallon bucket will last us for several hundred gallons of bio-D.

Should be able to get methanol at most fuel stores. I'm pretty sure they sell it here in Mtn Home. I don't remember it being more than $4/gal.

I found some tanks that are real nice tanks. They are plastic with a mettle frame around them. They are 275 gal. 48X42X47 inch. They come with a ball valve on the bottom and about a 6 inch cap on the top. They are real clean, nice tanks. $130 each. Mite be able to get 330 gal tanks for $150 each. They are a little taller. Can also get lye and methinal in 5 gal. buckets. He said the last methinal he got was about $4.80 a gal.

K, Chuck, you still have access to those tanks? I think I want one for the bed of my truck.... Talk about not running out of fuels for a while!!! :-P

Are those the only sizes?

And the methanol, I have A 55 gallon drum I am picking up this week from a buddy, I can hit the 4.80 price and share quite easily... Seriously boys I am on a tangent....

I'm going back east for my grandsons graduation, so will be out of town for a while. When I get back I will check it out and make sure I can still get them for that price.

I'm going back east for my grandsons graduation, so will be out of town for a while. When I get back I will check it out and make sure I can still get them for that price.

Awesome, enjoy the graduation!!! Hope to hear from you when you get back...

Time sure flies.... Enjoy it!