Guest 9812VCTD

Overflow Valve?

Guest 9812VCTD

I'm wanting to gather some information on the Overflow Valve. What is the main function of this part? Also does anyone have a good diagram of the location of this part? I've also heard something about some sections of rubber fuel lines that are prone to go bad and let air in the fuel? Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

I just put in a new Fleetguard fuel filter, next I would like to put a new pre-filter screen kit in then tackle the Overflow Valve.

Thanks again,

Justin

the overflow valve is on the front of the injection pump on the engine side when you replace it you might have to take a file and trim some of the engine manifold to get it out it has a banjo bolt that has a nut that a 3/4 size wrench will fit the main purpose of this overflow valve is to let fuel return to the tank and to regulate the pressure in the pump there is a spring inside the bolt with a little steel ball so don't take it appart unless you want to try your luck in streching the spring but just remember if you strech the spring to much it ruins it we can get ahold of a new overflow valve and also the pre-filter kit from fleetguard I also have part #'s if you need them hope this helps

I got rid of the overflow valve and put a fuel regulator on the return line. I bought two new regulators and both were defective, they were wide open at 4psi not keeping enough pressure to the pump. With this regulator I can set it at a certain pressure and know it's there. It's supposed to be 14psi.

Here is some additional info for you to check over.

http://www.idahobombersforum.com/fuel_system.htm