• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Ok guys let me have some of your ideas???

I saw some of those procomp pumps that resemble a holley blue on EGAY for like 45.00. What pumps are you guys running. I know Rob has a edlebrock that turned out to be a turd. I just cant hardly see paying what Kennedy or TTS wants. Maybe i'm all wet on this deal and that truely is the thing to do.

Here's the way I saw it when I was in the decision phase. I could spend ~$200 on a lift pump then come up with a way to mount it, hook it up to the fuel system and wire it, or I could spend a few more dollars and get a complete ready to install setup that I didn't have to worry about. I decided that the TTS dual kit was a really clean simple install that pushed a lot of fuel and was just a little more than what I would have ended up spending for a DIY setup.

I have been extrememly happy with the TTS kit. It comes on and off by itself, so no switch to worry about, and it isn't so noisy that it drives me out of the cab (I actually can't even hear them running even if I'm underneath the truck looking at the pumps). They push enough fuel to keep my rail pressure at 26k when I'm running 3100 uS of duration (I upped it to 3200 last night after I saw how well it did at 3100). I recommend them to anyone looking for a quality fuel system. The Kennedy system uses the same pumps with billet heads and different electronics.

Some things to think about before you buy anything. You will want a pump that is flow through or have a line bypass the pump with a one way valve in case the pumps shits the bed on you. You don't want to run much more than 12 psi in an LB7 or LLY unless you put the pump after the FICM because it can cause problems with idle quality. You will want a pump that is capable of around 100 GPH or more. And depending on the pump you may have diesel compatibility problems.

I use the Delco Lift pump from an old-style 6.5 HO diesel out of an H1 Hummer. cost about 65-70 Bux. It has served me well, I stay at my comanded 24K rail PSI with a pulse width all the way up to 3200 uS. Granted I don't run that anymore, up around 2700 now, but that lift pump seems to work well for me.

I use the Delco Lift pump from an old-style 6.5 HO diesel out of an H1 Hummer. cost about 65-70 Bux. It has served me well, I stay at my comanded 24K rail PSI with a pulse width all the way up to 3200 uS. Granted I don't run that anymore, up around 2700 now, but that lift pump seems to work well for me.

Mike i actually thought about that pump but wasn't sure how much it put out. I had a 6.5L and have changed a few of those. They are quiet when operating. That is alot of pulse width, if it holds 24k it should do the job.

I'm thinking of trying the new style FASS. Only draw back that I know of now is the return line and low fuel level performance.

The TTS kit is the cats ass. I'm with Josh, sometimes saving a buck costs in the long run.

Also wondering on your setup Mike S. Do you need to run a regulator?

One thing that i want to retain is being able to return it to stock if it needs to go to the shop.

Another plus for TTS is factory quick disconnects and no need to cut factory lines. Steve give me a call or PM if you want a price on TTS pumps, spendy, but I'll work with you on it.

I'm thinking of trying the new style FASS. Only draw back that I know of now is the return line and low fuel level performance.

The TTS kit is the cats ass. I'm with Josh, sometimes saving a buck costs in the long run.

Also wondering on your setup Mike S. Do you need to run a regulator?

This pump is actually internally regulated. It's everything that I was looking for, internally regulated, flow through if it quits, can't recall the flow numbers, but I believe it is regulated to about 7 PSI. I can find all the info again, if anyone is interested.

I did some checking on our auto parts website and it says it uses this pump on a chassis model, i looked this up under 6.6L vin number 1. WTF???2001 CHEVROLET TRUCK SILVERADO 3500 V8-400ci 6.6L Diesel Turbo Vin 1

I got mine from Dad's hummer, actually. LOL! He's doing a d-max conversion, so I stole it from him. He will probably end up running the Kennedy setup on it anyways. I checked the stats on it before I installed it, and I can get it from my local parts house. I believe it was an Airtex number that we looked up. Two of them in parallel would work supurbly, IMO. Double the flow, but shouldn't increase the pressure. I may try that, just so I can say "I have TWIN lift pumps!"

Mike I bought it and it's still on the shelf. I ran out of time before a big event and needed a good pump. I'm selling Airdog's, so I thought I better try one.