Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mopar1973Man

Idaho Offroaders???

Guest Mopar1973Man

Is there any of you guys that play in the great outdoors of Idaho with your trucks? I'm curious... I do travel offrooad to places to get firewood sometimes but normally not great distances... But once in awhile I like to just get off the beatin' path and wonder a new direction...

I'm looking for other members that like to do it as well... Nothing outrageous just to be able to wonder out in the woods a bit... Maybe even do a camp out who knows...

This is the reason i bought my jeep, i will have my truck till jesus comes back and i need to keep the paint in good shape.

I do enjoy wheelin .

Steve

Guest Mopar1973Man

Hmmm... I might have to do some trading here... I've got a 1951 Willys jeep here and it needs the front leaf springs replaced... But the springs I got are too long and need a bit of custom fab'ing to make them work. The jeep got a Chevy 350 (4 bolt mains) and a 350 Turbo Trans... It's a go get 'em rig but it needs work...

As for the truck I don't mind walking through the forest and up and down trails as long as I don't tear it up. You both have seen my video so you have an idea on what I do with my truck...

I love being where there is no roads... :wink:

I Like to take my $100 Scout II out and play in the snow. It has quite a bit of body cancer, butt it runs pretty good and you don't have to worry about hurting it. It's even got the Open-Knuckle Dana 44 with disc brakes!

Guest Mopar1973Man

Once again a good reason to get together... We might actually have some fun dinging around the hills with off road rigs.. :thumbup:

I have a 98 Jeep ZJ sitting in the yard that is my wheeling rig. Currently has a bad transmission though.

Sitting on 36" TSLs, 7" lift, 4 link long arm suspension, locked front and rear, winch, etc, etc.

Here were the last pictures of my 1997 Jeep Wrnagler.

Jeep-02.jpg

Jeep-01.jpg

Doesn't look bad, but Bent frame, bent axle, tweaked tub to name the larger problems. Total damage was almost $8,000.

Now here is the wife's 81 CJ5

81CJ5.jpg

Guest Mopar1973Man

Tom that jeep wasn't hurt... You just rolled in its side... I would of flipped it back over drove the hell out of it. It scratched now go play!

Guest Mopar1973Man

Here is some older pics of offroading... You'll notice there is no roads in these pics expect the mud one... That a old skid trail...

Here is me and my 1951 Willys Jeep with a Chey 350 playin in the mud.

Theyellowmonsterthepuddle.jpg

Here is the gang I hung around with...

Thegang2.jpg

I'm sitting on top of my roll bar in my Jeep...

Thegang.jpg

Dont look at the tire when its spining...

Theworsemess.jpg

Mike,

My jeep was not just an offroad toy, it was my daily also. Like I said, it didn't look real bad, but it dog walked horribly. $8,000 worth of damage is not anything to sneeze at.

Guest Mopar1973Man

Yeap you killed it then.. That sucks... That was a good looking jeep Tom... Sorry about your loss... :roll:

Yeap you killed it then.. That sucks... That was a good looking jeep Tom... Sorry about your loss... :roll:

You know the bummer is I bought it Nov, 1997. It was paid off in Nov, 2002. I rolled it in Feb 2004. :(

Hmmm... I might have to do some trading here... I've got a 1951 Willys jeep here and it needs the front leaf springs replaced... But the springs I got are too long and need a bit of custom fab'ing to make them work. The jeep got a Chevy 350 (4 bolt mains) and a 350 Turbo Trans... It's a go get 'em rig but it needs work...

As for the truck I don't mind walking through the forest and up and down trails as long as I don't tear it up. You both have seen my video so you have an idea on what I do with my truck...

I love being where there is no roads... :wink:

We can get'r rollin again. Fab is what we do best. When we go playin in the dirt (every chance we get), we like to call it R&D time. Let me know what kinda tradin you've got in mind and when you'd like to get it done.