• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Hey,

I'm currently deployed over to Kuwait/iraq. I have an 2001 Dodge 2500 and want to know were I should start to increase the power the engine puts out. Also i was looking at buying the Edge juice with attitude? Thanks for your help.

Hey Bud, welcome to the site. Be sure to fill out your signature with the details of your truck so we know how to best answer your questions.

Keep your head down over there.

BREATHING (Intake/Exhaust) upgrades and gauges are a must... Since you are looking at an Edge, you have the gauges covered.

Might consider a Smarty programmer. Seems those have a LOT of favorable feedback from other Dodge owners.

i also agree with the guages first one would be a fuel pressure guage and we run the tst on the wifes and we like it but nothing wrong with any of the others mentioned

i also agree with the guages first one would be a fuel pressure guage and we run the tst on the wifes and we like it but nothing wrong with any of the others mentioned

I agree with D... Fuel gauge is a must... Edge I have heard good things about those in the Dodges, I run the Edge Ez in mine but I'm not looking for alot of power out of that truck, but I know ppl that run it in their Dodges and like em.

well,,,,,,,,,,,in my 98.5 and 02, for what i do [tow] i thought the 80 to 90 hp injectors were a great addition. i used dd-2s and a loose wire comp box. however nowdays id go a smarty and some 80-90 hp injectors. got a couple good choices out there for those. these in combination will tax a stock clutch or a stock automatic if ya aint careful. i upgraded mine.

if i had a stock 24v [not wanting to spend $ on clutch or auto trans upgrades] id start w/ a smarty and use analog guages. 2 pyros, a boost, and a fuel pressure, and trans/rear temp. just my thoughts :D

I would get the new Quad Adrenaline, no need to stack with it, and the smarty is not near as good on the 2nd gen as they are on the 3rd gen, but its still a good programmer. Edge comp is also a favorite for a lot. A little stronger then the juice but the juice has your guages built in. Going with the comp you will save enough money to buy the guages though. The quad adrenaline also has guages built, and is real popular right now.

I also discourage the use of the Smarty/ Edge stack. It sure cost me power. I ran the TST/ Smarty stack for well over a year, but a lack of support to fix known issues caused me to sell it and run an Edge product again.

I now have a great driving truck again. And it makes more power than ever before.

I don't know what trans you have, but the auto will need beefing and the manual will eventually need more clutch....

Dave