• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

lly

4wd takeoffs

I would recommend you drop the torsion bars down before you do any serious boosted 4wd launches, but, to answer your question, yes, you can do a 4wd launch without the center link. Over the past year I did probably 15+ boosted 4wd launches at the track and at least that many on the street with just sleeves.

I have done about 30 plus full boost launch with no sleeves and no centerlink the truck still drives fine, im finally going to upgrade to new bigger tie rods from cognito they are at least double the size off the stock ones plus just in case im going to have sleeves made for them too.

I have done about 30 plus full boost launch with no sleeves and no centerlink the truck still drives fine, im finally going to upgrade to new bigger tie rods from cognito they are at least double the size off the stock ones plus just in case im going to have sleeves made for them too.

Now if I did that my luck would snap em...

I did a bunch of boosted launches with stock tie rods running low 14s and 1.9 60' times. I never had any trouble, but I always pulled my torsion bar bolts.

It makes your steering and cv angles straighter. It helps heep the centerlink from rotating as easily. You don't have to completely remove them, but it's a good idea to at least lower them quite a bit.

I'll help anyone get their truck set up, but here's what I do to my truck when I go to the track.

Bolt on the stock aluminum wheels with 265 tires.

Set tire pressure at ~30 psi.

Remove torsion bar bolts (Rob likes to leave the pass. side in a couple of turns to help fight chassis torque, but I haven't experimented with it much).

Clamp the front and back of the rear springs.

Set shocks to 9.

Try to have as close to 1/4 tank as possible (too much is extra weight, but too little will cause rail pressure to suffer).

I've never removed anything from the truck, but any weight you take off will only help your times and trap speeds.

Good point Josh... Didn't think about the 1/4 tank for weight... I need to find some stocky's too, sounds like I need to get ahold of Barger for some wheels....