• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

moparman1986

Wanting more power

Ok here goes. I have a 93 Dodge Diesel. I have tuned the pump according to a dodge website that i have found. I have a k&n air filter fitted to the intake hose minus the big intake box. The truck runs real good, but my problem is that my brothers 4.7L Dodge Dakota easily outruns my truck. Is there injector mods that I can easily do? I noticed someone did some grinding on the fuel pin. What do I do to the pin, and does anybody have any pics of the before and after? Now to the tranny(automatic). The truck pulls real hard through the gears, but when it needs to shift into overdrive the engine starts to lose its power curve before it shifts. I have tried adjusting the tps but it only made it worse. Any sugestions? I am also looking for a 4" or a 5" exhaust for my truck. Thanks for reading.

its probably okay if you always stay on road and clean it religiously but with mine I had dust in the intake tube twice and I was cleaning it every oil change but I was on very dusty roads so I took it out.

The only way you are going to be able to put some power to the ground and beat your brothers dakota is to upgrade your slush box. They do not handle higher torque and hp numbers above stock very well. I do not know much about the slush boxes but I would think an upgraded vavle body and tc would help alot. As for the pump I would recomend an Old Smokey fuel pin, or grind your stock one but for $75 (I think) it doesnt hurt to keep the stock one in case you need it someday. Look for some POD's in the classifieds and you can usually pick a used set up for $200 or so. The 3200 gov. spring makes a world of differnce also.

DITCH THE K&N!!!!!!

Just checked DTR and they have a set of POD's in the classifieds for $300. GET GAUGES BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ESLE!!!! I also have a htt n/w 14 cm exhaust housing that will probably be for sale in the near future. Pm me for details

Same on my truck, only it says on the road. One on the Jeep let actual sand in. Not dust... I mean grains of sand into the intake.

I wouldn't run a K&N even on a lawnmower.

its probably okay if you always stay on road and clean it religiously but with mine I had dust in the intake tube twice and I was cleaning it every oil change but I was on very dusty roads so I took it out.

I'm not up to speed on the 1st gens, but I have heard the stock filter flows pretty good. An upgrade would be to put a BHAF on, or you can spend a ton of money and get a fancy intake setup... IMO just emptying your wallet and not better than the BHAF.

give Lumpdog a PM on the tranny question if he doesnt chime in,

here are some pics of a fuel pin that i ground for Shawn (dodgracers)

th_100_6405ground.jpg

th_100_6404fuelpinstock.jpg

Im assuming you have gauges installed ?