• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Grunt

Motels in Mew Meadows

Looks as if I'll either be spending Christmas night in New Meadows or Riggins. Thought about McCall but the cost is prohibitive. Anyone happen to know the names of the motels in New Meadows or Riggins? Phone #'s would also be very helpful. Any restaraunts be open Christmas evening ?

TIA

Skip

There is two that I know of:

Meadows Motel #(208) 347-2175

The Heartland Inn #(208) 347-2114

And there is a bar there that has good prime rib, but dont know if they're open on the big day or if they'll have PR. Last time I was there was 3 yrs ago and I was to drunk to remember names or anything else for that matter.

Have fun in the snow! Better get reservations an beat the others to it

Thanks for the #'s Smokey...and the "advice" Randy :D

I used to go through New Meadows quite frequently when I was working at the mines iat Stibnite & Thunder Mt. Have spent more than my share of time sleeping in parking lots but now that I'm old and no longer imbibe in the much needed "anti-freeze" I'll refrain from doing so again :)

Just go to the KAhili Club (Spelling Close) and pass out in your rig...... Alot cheaper that way....:-)

knocked down the kahili club many times! good beer/food but the drive back up the canyon to McCall sucks! LOL. I will be up there in McCall area for Christmas too so if you see a black mega cab with stacks, run me down and say hi.

:thumbup: My parents own the Salmon River Motel in Riggins. My dad will treat you good. Hope this aint too late.

Made reservations there :) Talked to "Tom". Looks as if I'll spend Christmas there..maybe a few other days too.

Thanks

Hey glad the ol man had some room for ya. My folks are way cool, and down to earth. I used to run a pilot car for great western chemical( my dad was the wharehouse manager) back in my summer days durning high school. We went to stibnite 3 times a week. I piloted in us and the fuel haulers from cascade..... now stibnite is a ghost town i hear.. but if anyone ever wants to get away from civilization go up to stibnite site then continue past to thunder. :thumbup:

Jason

I was in that area for @ 10yrs...could hike into Roosevelt Lake and on a good day (when the water was clear) you could see the remains of the town that was flooded when the hillside plugged the creek. Lots to see in that area..the ghost town of Cinnabar was way cool :)

Ended up calling your Dad and made a reservation for Christmas Eve too. Hope I get to meet your parents while I'm there.

Skip

I will be up there in McCall area for Christmas too so if you see a black mega cab with stacks, run me down and say hi.

If the weather holds off I'll be driving the wifes Toyota Corolla..if not I'll be in the Dodge. Plan on going into McCall either Christmas eve or Christmas in hopes of finding a restaraunt open....Lardo's or the Yacht club should do the trick, that is if they are still in business. Used to be a mexican food place called Maria's that had the best eats but heard they closed years ago :(

If the weather holds off I'll be driving the wifes Toyota Corolla..if not I'll be in the Dodge. Plan on going into McCall either Christmas eve or Christmas in hopes of finding a restaraunt open....Lardo's or the Yacht club should do the trick, that is if they are still in business. Used to be a mexican food place called Maria's that had the best eats but heard they closed years ago :(

Lardo's is still there. There is a Chinese food place on the lake side near where they do the snow sculptures that was pretty good up there too.

Grunt, I thought i saw your truck at the hotel christmas eve on my way to McCall. Tooted my train horns at ya! MERRY CHRISTMAS

Heard some horns...musta been you. Ya shoulda stopped and said Hi

All cafes (including Lardo's) were closed in Riggins, New Meadows, Council and McCall stores too. Ended up buying a couple of jalepeno hot dogs from the Maverick gas station in McCall..also some jalepeno poppers. No microwave in motel room so had cold hot dogs.

Jason, your folks are nice people..leastwise your mom is, never did get to meet your Dad but talked to him on the phone. I'd recommend the Salmon River Motel to anyone :)

Skip---Glad you liked it! If anyone else needs a bed in riggins, let me know! :thumbup: I am still working on a idaho turbo diesels discount......:roll:

Retroactive I hope :D

Heard some horns...musta been you. Ya shoulda stopped and said Hi

All cafes (including Lardo's) were closed in Riggins, New Meadows, Council and McCall stores too. Ended up buying a couple of jalepeno hot dogs from the Maverick gas station in McCall..also some jalepeno poppers. No microwave in motel room so had cold hot dogs.

Jason, your folks are nice people..leastwise your mom is, never did get to meet your Dad but talked to him on the phone. I'd recommend the Salmon River Motel to anyone :)

I wished i could have stopped by. My folks were following me and I had the kids and the kids were getting punch drunk from all the driving we had done. 1500 miles in 4 days and they were like "get us the hell out of this truck!" So, maybe next time we can meet up. I wished I would have known earlier that you were going to be in town (McCall) you could have come to my brothers place for a hot meal.