• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

i put a ts chip on my friends 991.2 psd and its starting to act up so what is the best thing to clean the wax off of the ECM

thanks

Guest POWERTRIP

You can use a razor blade and some alcohol to clean it up. Some have used a light sandpaper to clean the contacts. But DO NOT clean the silver coating off. if you see a brass color then you went to far.:nono:

What is it doing? is it a 6 pos chip?

I used one of those lottery scratch off things, kinda looks like a mini ice scraper, then used some acetone and a little piece of scotch bright to finish the job.

Scotch Brite for me too.

I had a TS chip for 6 months and in the highest setting the truck idled very poorly. Each click that I turned the chip down would improve the idle slightly.

ya his truck idels very funny like it wants to die,is there any way to fix it or just deal with it ,i cleaned it again and it still does it

Guest POWERTRIP

Ya just get rid of the TS tunes. Then have another tuner burn there custom programs on it for you.:thumbup: Oh i dont know like maybe one of our members on here

Ya just get rid of the TS tunes. Then have another tuner burn there custom programs on it for you.:thumbup: Oh i dont know like maybe one of our members on here

Thats what happened to my TS chip, Sold it to my buddy, and he had our very own member fix it up for him. ;-)

i have a buddy with a 2000 ford 7.3 he wants me to get him the meanest chip or tuner i can possibly find him. i think i have it narrowed down to a few. just curiouse what you all think....

i have a buddy with a 2000 ford 7.3 he wants me to get him the meanest chip or tuner i can possibly find him. i think i have it narrowed down to a few. just curiouse what you all think....

Does he want a real aggressive tune or a strong one that works well?

My TS chip had really aggressive timing and low end fueling, and felt like a rocketship to drive. Then I switched to Jody's tunes, and the truck seemed to be lacking power, until I dynoed it, and it made 30hp more then the TS chip. The power was just so much smoother that it was nicer to drive.

he wants to make as much power as he can. probably adjustable if possible. i imagine he will want a nice driveable tow tune and somthing agressive, i know he wants to change the turbo and injectors.

I'd have him make the turbo and injector changes before getting to deep in to the tuning. Once hes has the parts he wants installed, then you could give one of the custom tuners a call and tell them what he has and how he wants it to perform.

Guest POWERTRIP
he wants to make as much power as he can. probably adjustable if possible. i imagine he will want a nice driveable tow tune and somthing agressive, i know he wants to change the turbo and injectors.

If he goes with a Tony Wildman chip he can run the chip with what he has now. Then when he installs injectors, turbo, etc he can have it reburned for free, all he has to pay is shipping. Others will charge to reburn it.