• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Big_Dan97

elec fuel pressure guage all over the place

So I got the elec fuel pressure gauge hooked up and wow at idle it bounces from like 50 to 80 so I pressed on the go pedal and I cant even tell where the needle is its madness this has made me :-x and:-( Ive heard of snubbers but do they make em for elec gauges? also Im gonna unplug so the gauge doesnt get messed up

Dan

Guest POWERTRIP
put a 1 foot rubber hose between the fitting and the sending unit

1 foot in length not diameter, Dan:thumbup: :lol:

So I got the elec fuel pressure gauge hooked up and wow at idle it bounces from like 50 to 80 so I pressed on the go pedal and I cant even tell where the needle is its madness this has made me :-x and:-( Ive heard of snubbers but do they make em for elec gauges? also Im gonna unplug so the gauge doesnt get messed up

Dan

Your gauge may be doing it's job already by telling you that you either have a clog in your line or filter/ filters. Your pressure should hold steady unless you have a clog or your pump is dying. What rig did you put this on? And where did you tap into?

Guest POWERTRIP

No that is normal for a obs psd. Dan is still running the stock manuel fuel pump. It causes pulses when it pumps that is why he is gettin an erratic reading. He needs a liquid filled guages to soften the pulses and then he will ge a good reading.:thumbup:

I thought he went electric? Did he do a cck or regulated fuel return? I am pretty sure he can put a snubber pre sending unit. I am learning on the OBS though :)

Havent gone electric yet, I was looking at Beans' system but I just found out diesel innovations has a FASS with reg. return for under $1200 Im kinda leanin towards DI. I dont know?

Also Ive got some leaks, it seams like the diesel eats the teflon tape, Im gonna try some yellow paste for sealing fuel stuff

I ran a mechanical on mine and I ran copper and put a set of coil at the bottom if you don't you will get the vibration of the engine in the cab and it is very anoying.