• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

JoshH

DHRA sled pulling in Ogden, UT

This was posted over on the Duramax site I frequent. I asked a few more questions, but they haven't been answered yet. Hopefully Mr. McBride will respond. Anyway, I wasn't sure how many of you were aware, but I know there are a few sled pullers here that wouldn't mind driving down there to compete.

DHRA Rocky Mountain Sled Pulling Series!

Details and a press release are being finalized as we type this. But here is what we know as of right now:

DHRA has franchised; the newly formed Sled Pulling Series will debut in Ogden, UT in 2008.

Ogden Stadium will be the staging grounds for the first year of a championship points series in sled pulling for DHRA. We are hoping to have 6 pulls in Ogden, and one during the Utah Diesel Nationals. Newly appointed Rocky Mountain division sled pulling Director Jessie Wayment and DHRA President Larry Knight are working on scheduling and one will be available soon.

Three classes; Work Stock, Street Diesel, and Super Street will be offered during the inaugural season. The DHRA rule book is in its final processes and will be available soon.

Get the word out and get ready Rocky Mountain Sled Pullers!

Guest BigBully

I know there is one pull on Aug 16th. So... if that helps..

Isn't DHRA the pulling association with the 76000pg rule book? I mean 72pg..lol

Guest BigBully
It's the new association that was found by the guys from DHRA. There was a split and NADM (National Association of Diesel Motorsports). Here is there website: http://runnadm.com/

In the new Diesel World NADM has a full page ad in it using our truck.

Eeeveryone uses your truck Bryan... Don't you think it is time to let someone else have a turn? hmmm

Guest BigBully

Why would I want to listen to you two? You guys are always talking on the phone so typically the conversations I hear are soooo one sided... I never get the whole story..:lol:

Guest Smokin Monster

Obviously the people who aranged to have the pulls in Ogden have never been to a pull in Ogden. The stadium SUCKS! Almost non-exixtent pit area. There is only one way in or out of the arena. 200ft track if you go diagonally and there is no such thing as a crowd. Last one we had there was probably 50 people in the stands. Yipedeedooo!!!

Guest POWERTRIP
I posted same time dude above me did...

Not for you Nate or Meg.

Just wondering where my post went to. Did it get deleted?

Guest BigBully

Don't forget the noise ordinance. Shows have to be shut down by 10pm! No questions asked!:smart:

I just thought it was cool that the area was starting to get some attention from a national sled pulling association. I thought it would be cool to see some local trucks at a big national event competing for the national championship.

And I think the DHRA rule book was 70+ pages, but it included drag racing and sled pulling.

Guest POWERTRIP

Ya it would be cool to have some of the big dog diesel pullers come around here for events. That would make for some good truck pulls.:thumbup:

The DHRA book seems to be in line with the local rules for the most part. I think the only thing is they require 2 bolts in the exhaust pipe, where local it seems to be more "recomended" till you get into the bigger classes.

nope dhra states that you have to have a crap load of saftey equipment that could run you thousands of dollars just to compete where as the local pullers just require ya to have insurance and a helmet and a valid drivers licence

Guest BigBully

Yeah in DHRA rules, Kev would be in the same class as Terry, and Shane Boyer that drives the red DPD truck!:shock:

Guest Smokin Monster

It would be nice to pull with an organization designed around diesels instead of the diesels being the redheaded-stepchild of the bunch. A payout would great too. I sure as heck don't need another HAT! Sounds like I have some work to do before next season....

Yeah in DHRA rules, Kev would be in the same class as Terry, and Shane Boyer that drives the red DPD truck!:shock:

Oh yeah, we would really stand a chance there huh? :nono: The Red DPD truck would be a close one, but there would be some serious sneaky nitrous set-ups just to keep up! Wow.

Guest BigBully
Oh yeah, we would really stand a chance there huh? :nono: The Red DPD truck would be a close one, but there would be some serious sneaky nitrous set-ups just to keep up! Wow.

Yeah, and currently there is NO WAY to keep up with Terry! He hooks up and leaves the arena like a bat outta hell!!

Nitrous is illegal... So there is no point even thinking about that...

Can we hook up two trucks to pull the sled to keep up with Terry?!:lol: