• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

89jeepcummins

Help Diesel leaking.

My brother-in-law's 1997 dodge is leaking Diesel fuel some where by the "transfer" pump. He left it in my garage and went back to Nevada. I've looked to see where it is leaking and I can't find it thru all the other parts and piecer covering it up. Any Ideas?

If he's still runnin the stock fuel lines you can bet it's them old rubber lines at that age. Has this thing just been sittin for a long while. Eventually it will run out a fuel if it's the return, but if I remember the 12V fuel system won't this make it a buggar to start with the air in the lines.

I unbolted the fuel filter and bracket and lower it down so I could actually see a little bit of where the fuel was leaking from. It was the return line. I pulled off the old return line cut another to lenght and put it back on. All in all it took me about an hour and a half. I didn't hurry any. It is a most to lower the fuel filter and bracket to do the job. After replacing the return line I just started it up and gave it a little throtle. It sputterd and stopped then I started it again and ran fine. Why can't all my wrenching go that smooth? Probable because it's not my rig.