• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 9812VCTD

Bad day.............

Guest 9812VCTD

Well got my truck finished up last night around 1:00 am and took it for a drive could not believe how well it ran. Today we had to go get a load of panels and set them up then switched to the bigger trailer and stopped by the ATM to get some money for hay and I noticed my exhaust sounded different, and when walking back to my truck noticed a Large puddle of Oil under the engine...........Blown Head Gasket.......:-? Drove the truck home and called my Bro to borrow his PSD so I could go get the hay. I have no Idea what happened or why but my whole engine is covered with oil and it left another large puddle under it when I got home. Not sure where it blew out at but it's History................

000_0036.jpg

100_2093.jpg

100_2097.jpg

000_0039.jpg

000_0034.jpg

000_0035.jpg

So the truck sits again time to dig the old 69 chevy out........Hopefully I can get a new Piers head and Marine gasket.

Justin

Another Headgasket club member...

1.) Steve 2 headgasket jobs

2.) Tom 1 Headgasket job

3.) Justin 1 headgasket job

Two Dodges and a Ford....... We need a GMC/Chevy now.... Randy, Ryan, Rob or Rob?

Guest 9812VCTD

Tom I was really hoping I would never gain a spot in that Head gasket club....:D

I'm really bummed because the truck was running awesome, now I'm not sure what to do from here. Will definetely put the marine gasket in but would sure like to put an O-Ringed head back on at the same time will have to see if I can scrape up some $$$ $$$ for the Piers head.

Justin

Guest BigBully

Hey Kev blew his headgasket last year at Edge...

But he blew coolant... not oil...:confused:

Boy did Edge have a huge mess to clean up!!!:lol:

Guest Smokin Monster

It really looks more to me like #1 and possibly #2 valve cover gaskets and the fan is blowing the oil all over the engine compartment. When those leak they LEAK!. When my #6 V.C. gasket was leaking it covered the whole back of the engine and rust proffed the under side of the truck. I would start with these gaskets before you tear it down to the block.

Guest Smokin Monster

Actually I bet all of them are leaking you can see it in the passenger side rear corner of the gaskets.

Another Headgasket club member...

1.) Steve 2 headgasket jobs

2.) Tom 1 Headgasket job

3.) Justin 1 headgasket job

Two Dodges and a Ford....... We need a GMC/Chevy now.... Randy, Ryan, Rob or Rob?

I need to be on that list too for just one. for now.

Justin, can you see that its leaking from the head/block and not the valve cover? how much boost have you made or were you not paying attention?

Guest BigBully

So far we have....

1) Steve 2 headgaskets

2) Tom 1 headgasket

3) Justin 1 headgasket

4) Kevin 1 headgasket

5) AL 1 headgasket

Wow, the dodges are winning the headgasket award aren't they?!... That just proves, too much power right?!:D

you can put me down for 4 head gaskets, all caused by a machine shop that didn't deck the head properly.... for that matter he did a shitty valve job too, 3/4 of the valves didn't seal at all.

sorry to hear about your issues justin, however can you see for sure where the oil is coming from? it might not be as bad as you think.

Sounds like those indestructible Cummins aren't so indestructible. :poke

So far the Aluminum Head Duramaxes seem to be doing well

Amen Brotha!!!

I would definately check the valve covers but in picture 2 there is oil on the front of the engine above the timing cover.....no way to get oil there when the fan blows backward and the engine tilts backward.

Guest Smokin Monster

If the front of the #1 valve cover gasket is leaking it will run down the front of the engine. If it was the headgasket it wouldn't be pooling on TOP of the head by the injectors nor down inbetween the valve covers and intake plenum.

Guest Smokin Monster
Sounds like those indestructible Cummins aren't so indestructible. :poke

This is coming from a 6.o-oh owner....oooooooookay.:roll:

Guest Smokin Monster

You also got to consider his truck has 200,000+ miles on it. He just barley not a week or two ago pulled the valve covers to do the headstuds, then had to pull then again for the retorque. Those gaskets are SHOT! Headgasket oil cannot run straight up and over and around the exhaust housing and intake and make puddles in between all the valve covers.

Hey... I've already joined the Headgasket Club for IBF Members. I hope that it is just valve covers for Justin's Sake.

My point in my post about the indestructible Cummins is THEY AREN'T!!!! I never said a 6.0 was better.

Geez, you Cummins guys get touchy... us Powerstroke guys tend to roll with it. :poke

Geez, you Cummins guys get touchy... us Powerstroke guys tend to roll with it. :poke

I guess Powerstroke guys are too busy (what with pulling their cabs off to do simple things like changing injectors or doing minor repairs) to get touchy about things...

Whistle.gifWhistle.gifWhistle.gif

If the front of the #1 valve cover gasket is leaking it will run down the front of the engine. If it was the headgasket it wouldn't be pooling on TOP of the head by the injectors nor down inbetween the valve covers and intake plenum.

It will if the fan is blowing backward. Plus he has been driving it since the headstud install and would have noticed a leak.