• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

The Porker

Help! Master cylinder through the Firewall.

OK, here's the deal. Pulled up to the light last night, popped the truck out of gear. Light turns green, push in the clutch, pedal goes to the floor. The master cylinder has come out from the firewall. No biggie, as this had happened before. I hop out, put the MC back into the firewall, go about 2 blocks, and the damn thing does it again. Repeat fix, third time it happens I pull into a lighted parking lot to really check it out. Seems that for some reason, the bottom little POS plastic tab for the twist lock has broken off of the MC! The really grand part about this is that it's a SBC Hyd. Upgrade! SO, does anyone know of a bandaid fix for the weekend that I can do until I can reach the guys at SBC on Monday? I just don't understand why Dodge, in all their infinite wisdom, would use PLASTIC for something that is used to apply so much pressure? Other than they're cheap rat bastards. Is there any kind of aftermarket metal MC for these things? Or am I stuck with el cheapo POS plastic thingy?

Sorry for the rant, but this is BS.

peter at southbend will take care of you to my knowledge you are gonna be stuck with the plastic as for a quick fix I would try silicon around the master cylinder and then put the mc back in the fire wall and let it set up

You can buy the master cylinder from an auto parts store. It's used in the 12 valve trucks. Has to be removed from the truck to bleed it after install though.

you can try some super glue and baking soda. put some glue on the part you want to build up then some bakeing soda. put a drop or so on the soda it will turn into rock hard than soda and glue repete till you have the build up you want