• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest BigBully

BioDieselGuy's Truck

Guest BigBully

Well, maybe this will get my dad posting outside of his thread..lol

Alright dad... start posting about your truck!

Ok here is the low down on my powerstroke...Its a 2001 with 215,000 miles,quad cab short box. It has a cone air filter and a ts selector switch with the following positions /s/40/75/100/145/v/hi rpm/. My grand daughter calls it Clifford the big red dog. Future plans are gauges, itp fuel regulator kit and who knows what else.

Guest POWERTRIP

With them programs on your chip you definately need some gauges to keep and eye on things.:thumbup: Sounds like you got a nice truck.

With them programs on your chip you definately need some gauges to keep and eye on things.:thumbup: Sounds like you got a nice truck.

when it is running. the nice thing about biodiesel the temps are lower.

Found out why my fuel mileage was going down...the o rings on the two head supply lines from the fuel filter are shot. also found 1/8 to 1/4 inch of sluge in the bottom of the bowl. One of the benefits of biodiesel...it cleans out your fuel system.

Update for today...hpop hoses ok...o rings need replaced...ordered hpx hard line...viton(?) o rings. should take a few days to get here...the oil is really ugly in the high pressure system, is there any way to flush it out??????????:-? when the parts arrive i'll put it back together and see if it will run...If it doesn't then I guess its new hpop time.$$$

Guest 9812VCTD

Hope all the new parts help and you can get your truck running right. I need to help my Brother get an oil leak fixed on his hpop lines let us know how it goes.

Justin

The only way to get the oil out of the HPOP res. is to suck it out with a syringe or a turkey baster with a piece of hose on the end that fits through the hole in the top. When you change the oil in the motor about 1/2-2/3 of a quart stays behind in the res.