• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AH64ID

Where to buy #2 or B5 in the Valley

Hey Guys,

Picking up my first Cummins on wednesday. Where is the best place to get fuel in the valley? I like out in Kuna.

Any mixed or #1 for sale in the valley?

Also does anyone sell B5 in the valley?

Thanks

Maverick and Fred Meyer are typically the lowest diesel prices around the Meridian and Boise areas. I haven't been out the Flying J way to check their prices, but typically Truck Stop prices are pretty reasonable.

Shouldn't get cold enough around these parts to need it. Could just dump in a couple gals of Kero if you are worried it will gel up.

Shouldn't get cold enough around these parts to need it. Could just dump in a couple gals of Kero if you are worried it will gel up.

That what I figured, but wasnt sure...... I also keep a bottle of Amsoil Cold Flow Improver in the tool box....

I think I'm going to try a Cetane boost for a couple tanks..... Minimum Cetane for the Mercedes is supposed to be 45. Typical US diesel cetane rating is at about 40. Minimum Cetane rating in europe is 51.

I think I'm going to try a Cetane boost for a couple tanks..... Minimum Cetane for the Mercedes is supposed to be 45. Typical US diesel cetane rating is at about 40. Minimum Cetane rating in europe is 51.

ive got a couple doses ill gve ya to try

Alright, bringing this back up... I know Stinker is B20, but Cummins limits me to B5, and getting 10 gallons at Stinker then the rest at Fred Myers is a PITA... so anyone know where I can get B5?

Stinker does not sell b20 they sell b5. Check the link for stinker stores near you.

http://www.biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel/retailfuelingsites/showstate.asp?st=ID

Jeff & Tommy are correct. Stinker originally brought B20 to market but the Big 3 ONLY support B5 so they reduced the bio-diesel percentage to 5%.

Rob

Awesome, thanks Guys.... Safeway did the same thing where my Dad lives, I guess they realized folks weren't buying it....

Recently Cummins approved B20 for ALL of their engines, except the ISB in the Dodge Ram... I guess Dodge won't approve it, so for now I will stick with B5. Really I just want the lubricity, so I dont have to run my Diesel concentrate every tank.