• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

I put my blocker plate back in (without fingerstick) and as expected it through the EGR code and put on the check engine light which is normal, But I've noticed a loss in "the seat of your pants" power. I also noticed that there is less black smoke. Not a big deal about the smoke but it seemed weird to me. The first time I put it in I didn't notice either of these things.

:confused:

Anyone have ideas?

Don't have an answer for loss of power, smoke. I would get rid of that HyperTech and get with Rob (IdahoRob) and get some EFI Live going on that monster. Then you could log the data and see what it doin and why the loss of power.

Don't have an answer for loss of power, smoke. I would get rid of that HyperTech and get with Rob (IdahoRob) and get some EFI Live going on that monster. Then you could log the data and see what it doin and why the loss of power.

Sounds like a good idea. Only problem is I have to spend the money I was savin for EFI Live and an MBRP down pipe back on Body stuff... fuckin elk

I would say yes it is normal. Problem being you have interefered with the normal operating parameters of the truck. The ECM sees no flow via the EGR so it will alter the performance. Some guys have had similar experience by unplugging the EGR on a 6.0.

With EFI you can turn the EGR off, so no code. The "Finger Stick" will also fool the ECM thinking all is well and thus give no code. The Blocker plate will keep the hot exhaust gasses from entering the EGR cooler and help keep your coolant temps down.

I really don't think an egr code puts the engine in "reduced power mode" Have you done anything else? Maybe got a new batch of winter fuel?

Blocking the EGR is a good thing for the engine. Are you coming to the dyno? I may be able to log it for you to see if any problems visable.

I really don't think an egr code puts the engine in "reduced power mode" Have you done anything else? Maybe got a new batch of winter fuel?

Blocking the EGR is a good thing for the engine. Are you coming to the dyno? I may be able to log it for you to see if any problems visable.

Yeah I'm going to the one on the 18th