• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Dangle

Ordered new tail lights.

I won a set of silverado tail lights new on egay. I have been wanting a set for a while but they are pretty spendy. I found a new set for the price of what used ones have been going for. Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

The harnesses you have now have three bulbs in them. A stop/tail bulb, a back-up bulb, and a turn indicator bulb. The lights you are getting have all those plus a small side marker bulb. The real catch is the three sockets on your existing harnesses WON"T FIT THE OTHER STYLE LIGHT!!!

I know, I did the swap you're doing. Duallies have the olders style, or "GMC" style lights. I had to get the harnesses that went with them. Once you have the harnesses, they plug right in.

That's a story in itself. I bought a used set of '03 tails with harnesses. The '03s had a red border around the perimeter. After I installed them, I found that I didn't like the red border as much as the black border. I bought a used '04 and an '05 separately on eBay, then, because they had some scratches on them, I kept looking for a better set, and found a guy locally with an '06 who wanted to trade my original set for his perfect condition set. I didn't want to let my original set go, so I found an '02 set with harnesses and bought them for him.

After selling the '03 set, and the mixed set on eBay, I actually came out about $25 ahead in the whole deal.

Okay, that was a little long winded, wasn't it?

Also, you're saying harness ends, but you want the whole harnesses. They plug in under the back of the bed.

Chevy or GMC is the same darn truck. I never figured out why GM does that??

My brother has a 07 2500HD and I think it's the GMC edition... I forget though. It was a few $1000 more, but he liked the grille better :roll:

I bought the tail lights too, i will put them on egay after i get my new ones replaced due to damage. They had been cut on with a box knife....just my luck.

I bought the tail lights too, i will put them on egay after i get my new ones replaced due to damage. They had been cut on with a box knife....just my luck.

That was what i refering to...