• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

oil-burner

Electric h2o pump

Got the first batch of electric h20 pumps back, they will fit from first gen to 3rd gen. Good for the trucks spinning over 3000 rpms (no more freeze plug issues)

anyone interested pm me for more info

scot

post-232-1454942892_thumb.jpg

post-232-145494289207_thumb.jpg

ohh... ohhh..... I gotteee some bad ideas now..... I definitly want to know more.

one thing I have to ask here, you think that would be ok on a daily driver? what kind of longevity?

we use the same motor on other waterpumps (chevy,ford,remote) that have been used on the street, the motor and seal have been tested to over 10,000 hours. I plan to run one on the street with my 97 12v, should not be a problem

scot

Guest Smokin Monster

It's mostly hard on the freeze plugs spinning the water pump too fast and building a lot of pressure. After a pull running 4000+ rpm for 30 seconds or so I usually loose some coolant out of the overflow bottle.

I was looking at a kit the other day that goes on the back of the block and helps circulate the antifreeze. I guess the coolant around the block dead ends at #6.

Wish I had known about the kit when I was rebuilding my trans, would have been easy to install then!