• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Content

• By D/UNIT
      I have a new Isspro trans temp gauge, complete  in sealed package. 100-280 degrees. 
      This was purchased for a 05 Dodge ctd auto but will probably work for other applications. 
      80.00 or trade.firm
      Brian 208-695-5338

• By 4Play
      The date and location has been set for the ITD website photo and October dinner meet/BBQ.  Bring a dish, your favorite beverages, and possibly a chair or two.  The photo will take place first and then we will be following @MUDDY to a luxurious BBQ site. 
      The location of the photo shoot will be NW of Parma just past

43°49'18.48"N, 117° 0'44.82"W
      https://www.google.com/maps
      Fort Boise WMA - Idaho Fish and Game - Conservation Department
      20847 Old Fort Boise Rd
      Parma, ID 83660

at the end of the road near the river.  We will try to get our fearless leader @MUDDY to arrive a little early and post a couple plates or signs at the end of the road with directions to the exact location.  We are looking to get the photo shoot done in a minimal amount of time so please try to arrive at 10:00 am.
    • By millco
      I don't know if we missed this or not.  This was back in 2013 that they built engine number 2,000,000 for Dodge Ram PickUps.  It is a video that follows the engine through it's assembly.  I think it is pretty cool to watch!

Cummins Builds Ram Engine # 2 Million
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

I've got a friend that has a 2008 F450 6.4. He's looking to get the 80mph speed limiter removed and maybe a tow tune.

I'm clueless when it comes to ford tuners. Any help/info/suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

Hypertech Part #42005

Superchips flashpaq Part #1808

BullyDog PowerPup Part #41562

Best animal out there because of custom tunning... SCT Livewire with custom tunes

Sounds like they are very similar. I know of one person that had a problem with the Flaspaq. I know of another that had a problem with the PowerPup. Another person tried and was unimpressed with the Hypertech. I've read more good than bad on all 3.

They all load in the OBD Port.

Correction on the flashpaq... its part number is 1808.

I see, I know that SCT became a sponsor on there and replied to the OP. I think what he was saying was that it didn't live up to what it said on the box. I'm not trying to start anything by any means.

Oh.. I know.. I saw that guys post. He has a valid beef with SCT as far as I am concerned..

Spartan's tuner is THE tuner for the 6.4 trucks.

I meant I'm not real fond of the powerstroke.org founder. The guy is a JERK.

We did extensive testing the Edge, Diablo, BullyDog, and Superchips on an 08' here at the magazine. Best for mileage and power turned out to be the Diablo Sport. This was on a otherwise bonestock truck.

If you're wanting to go all out and delete the dpf and use custom tunes, then Spartan is the way to go.

You can see the entire article and all the info in the newest issue of Diesel Tech, the Jan/Feb issue with the White GMC doing a burnout on the cover.

Jacob, do you know how much timing Diablo used in that tuner??? Just curious, back in my 7.3 days those guys used an insane amount of timing..tuning has come along ways since then though.

Guest ShanesLB7
We did extensive testing the Edge, Diablo, BullyDog, and Superchips on an 08' here at the magazine. Best for mileage and power turned out to be the Diablo Sport. This was on a otherwise bonestock truck.

If you're wanting to go all out and delete the dpf and use custom tunes, then Spartan is the way to go.

You can see the entire article and all the info in the newest issue of Diesel Tech, the Jan/Feb issue with the White GMC doing a burnout on the cover.

Just got done reading that article!!:cheer:

I should have some products on the 6.4l delete by the end of the month--with this setup you can use any product you want---you will not have to have special tuning for the dpf delete--if you like sct though you should check out their new unit coming sometime this spring---wireless and looks a hell of lot better than the livewire. The tuning worked well just the unit and its functions seem a little outdated to what else is out

Got a buddy that bought a new F-450 and was wondering if there are any off the shelf tunners out there that delete the dpf programming or does it have to be custom programming? Thanks

Any DPF delete tunning is Custom. Off the shelf vs Custom cost is really not that big of a gap.

I know he's not looking for big power. He wants better milage and a little bit of power for pulling since it will be hooked to a 30ft gooseneck that will be loaded with stone for most of it's life. Milage on it sucks when he drove it back from Texas...8mpg. There was a head wind the whole time but thats terrible and it wasn't pulling anything.

That's fine. I'd contact Spartan. Seems like his tuner provides the most features at the moment. Seems like SCT had features and then disabled some of them because they were having problems. I hear that SCT is close to having it all worked out.

Spartan will build exactly what you ask them too. The biggest gain in mileage will just killing off the regen cycle after removing the DPF.

As it stands right at the moment, Spartan seems to be THE guy when tuning a 6.4 right now. I'm sure there will be more as it is around longer.

Thanks for your reply. I'll have him look into it. We have another buddy with the spartan tunner 275 tune on his Ford and he spanked the same buddy with his ppe on level 3 on his duramax.