• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Just bought an EGR false code eliminator for my LBZ and there is nothing mentioned about using a block off plate for the EGR valve. Was looking around on the net and found a different code eliminator and it comes with a block off plate. Is this needed or will just the code eliminator be enough?

Guest 9812VCTD

John,

I moved your thread into the D-Max performance forum. John's got a really nice truck, out D-Max guys will help you out!

Justin

You need the block off plate. The "finger stick" just stops the code from getting thrown when you do block off the EGR.

Some of us Powerstroke Guys are edumacated in other diesels too ;)

Hi John. Welcome to the site. Like Tom said, you will want to put the blocker plate in. I'm not sure what you found, but I know Kennedy Diesel sells a code eliminator and blockoff package for around $50. It can be a pain to install the plate, but it's worth it to keep the soot out of your intake. Before you install the code blocker you might be interested to know that there are at least a couple of options for eliminating EGR codes with programming. You can go with PPE or EFILive. Both are capable of over 500 RWHP. If you decide to go with EFILive I know IdahoRob can get you set up with some good tunes.

Guest 9812VCTD

Josh,

John wants me to ask you, he ordered a PPE false code eliminator and can get a better deal on a Kennedy Diesel one. So should he get the Kennedy kit where it comes with the block off plate? Because the PPE one does not come with the plate. What do you think he's his EGR valve replaced three times by the dealer already, and the truck is still under warranty, if he puts this plate in will it void his warranty??

Thanks,

Justin

Really easy to remove the blocker plate for dealer visits. Loosen two bolts and out it comes. Dealer most likely won't have a clue that the code elim. is even there.

Since the EGR is Federal Emissions equipment he could possibly get a stern talking to from the dealer. I haven't heard the warranty voiding issues on the Duramax like I have for the 6.0 Powerstroke.

If he is that concerned, then I would remove the block off plate and the "finger stick" before taking it to the dealer.

BTW, I plan on taking the intake from my Mecedes off to clean it out soon. I'll show you what 230K+ miles on an EGR diese looks like. As it stands right now I'll show you an EGR from a TDI VW

EGR Pic 1

EGR Pic 2

Yeah, like Rob said, the plate is really easy to remove, but, even if you don't, the only way they'd know it was there is if they remove the EGR cooler or the up pipe. If they are just removing the EGR valve they wouldn't see it. That being said, if I was getting any work done I would pull the plate just in case. Also, like Rob said, if you install the stick under the hard plastic wiring cover they probably won't have a clue it's there.

Guest 9812VCTD

Thanks for all you guys help I will give John a call today and let him know what you said he won't have access to a computer for a few days.

Justin