Tinman875

Tuner upgrade???

I have not got anything new yet. What do you think i could sell my evo on craigs list or ebay for? when i put my stock program back, will anyone else be able to use it? I have read mixed things about it storing my vin#.

And powertrip... yes - if i could fit a c7 3126e cat 330/900 ftlbs ( not bad for stock) in my ford body and back it with a eaton fuller 18 i would..:drool

Sorry for the delayed responses, i am out of town sun-thrus. Tin

I have not got anything new yet. What do you think i could sell my evo on craigs list or ebay for?

If you want it to go quick $200 if you want to get a good price ask for 300 then let them talk you down to 275.

when i put my stock program back, will anyone else be able to use it? I have read mixed things about it storing my vin#.

Yes. But if there is a hitch in the giddyup just call edge, they are very nice to deal with, unlike some of the other big companies.

Dan

I should correct my statement :oops: I didnt mean TW, Beans, and guys like that. When I said big companies, I was talking about the ones with 3 page adds in dieselmags.

I meant like Banks and ATS. Bullydog actually hungup on me once, that was even after I told the dork I lived in Mtn Home IDAHO as in the same Idaho that bullydog is in oh well I wont even get started on that story, but they made it right.

Dano

Just a thought but I remember hearing that Jody could put his custom tunes on the Evolutions. Might want to look into seeing if he could do that for you and then you wouldn't have to buy a new chip.

That's right, Jody can put up to four of his custom programs on any evolution. All you have to do is send him your programmer and tell him what pcm code you have and what tunes you want.

I think he charges $45 per program. But rest assured it would worth every penny. Jodys tunes will blow edges programs out of the water.

Guest POWERTRIP
This is just my opinion, but buying any chip other than a DP Tuner for a 7.3L is a waste of time and money.

Just wondering how many other tuners have you run besides Jody?

To be honest, I haven't. I used to run a Superchips 1705 way back in the day though. But when you consider that probably 80% of the big shots in the Powerstroke world use Jodys tuning means something.

I'm not saying that Tony Wildman, David Lott, or Cale at BTS can't do great tunes. There are plenty of people out there running their tunes and are more than pleased.

All I know, is Jody has spent hundreds of hours live tuning all different types of set-ups. And got the oppurtunity to let him live tune my truck in Denver this October. He definately knows what he's doing :-)

Guest POWERTRIP

Just thought i would throw this out there

Zane= cale's tunes

Lott=Lotts tunes

cale= cales's tunes

Luke= tony's tunes

elmo= lotss's tunes

bigr= jody's tunes (has he tried anyone else's?)

bunting =jody's tunes

So i never did get a response from jody. I will try to call him this week i guess. I set my evo back to 80 now that my hpop lines have new o-rings in them, but what i hear that is a normal problem to occur( other post). :smokin

FYI, I have heard from a number of people that Jody is NOT reprogramming Evo's anymore.

He told the last guy I talked to that he has agreed to stop doing it at Edge's request.

I haven't talked to Jody recently so I can't verify this as fact, but he did refuse to reprogram at least 2 Evo's that I know of.

Guest POWERTRIP

Nope he will not put his tunes on them anymore. Edge wont let him cause Edge is goin for CARB certification

FYI, I have heard from a number of people that Jody is NOT reprogramming Evo's anymore.

He told the last guy I talked to that he has agreed to stop doing it at Edge's request.

I haven't talked to Jody recently so I can't verify this as fact, but he did refuse to reprogram at least 2 Evo's that I know of.

If you want custom tunes on the evo, call Bill www.powerhungryperformance.com

So my trip up to the mountain and back went good, no darned light.:thumbup: I guess the 80hp setting is too much for it. I have a good "in" at bully dog now. The company i drove for has all peterbilts with cats in them and they got hooked up with scott the owner and are using some of his trucks as beta testers. They already took a stock 475/ 1460 tq pete to 625/3000 tq. :-) talk about blowin some smoke......... But as for being in beta form, the stock computer will automatically set itself back to stock after about a weeks time. So they are working out the bugs. Now they need ats or someone to build a 13 or a 18 speed for Eaton Fuller. Ya I am into big trucks.....:drool So anyway maybe I can pull off a deal..

they would be better off with the stock trans over an A lways T erible S hit trans

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found