Guest Mopar1973Man

Crankcase Vent BOMB

Guest Mopar1973Man

Anyone wishing to fix this nasty problem I will be producing kits here in the near future. :thumbup:

Guest Mopar1973Man

Currently I been built it with PVC pipe and got it down to a science just about. But I'm going to see if I can find another material to use.

The big problem is to find some material that is engine friendly. Being that the pipe lays across the top of the air horn bolts and is zip tied to the rear engine hoist bracket... Well my first set up rubbed on a few things over time. But the plastic pipe toook it good and didn't damage anything else.

So if I switched to metal piping then this is going to be a problem... :shock:

This is slick mod...I just used a chuck of hose...lol

I used a 14" black PVC nipple. Just threaded it right into the existing tube, hangs just below the axle level and black looks like it belongs there.

Guest Mopar1973Man
I used a 14" black PVC nipple. Just threaded it right into the existing tube, hangs just below the axle level and black looks like it belongs there.

I guess you don't go off-roading at all. I would lose up to 1 gallon of oil while I was out playing in the woods. This became a serious problem. Hence also why it doesn't work for me at all!

You must go up and over the top of the engine for it to keep the oil in the crankcase. So the more the front of the truck goes down the highier the end of the tube becomes. So it can'e spill any oil out of the system now. Compared to 99 Cummins and a few others that just extend downward.

When I change oil now I've got all 11 quarts in my crankcase at the end of 6K miles for the last 60K miles! I don't leak and don't spill! :smart:

Guest Mopar1973Man
This is slick mod...I just used a chuck of hose...lol

The only problem with the hose it doesn't want to lay correctly in the same place. It allows for pooling and sometimes it might kink up on you. Few people have done this and found out some rubber hose collapse in a short amount of time. I know PVC pipe will not collapse ever and it designed to never pool up and keeps the chances of freezing shut down to zero with PVC pipe compared to rubber hose.

I guess you don't go off-roading at all. I would lose up to 1 gallon of oil while I was out playing in the woods. This became a serious problem. Hence also why it doesn't work for me at all!

You must go up and over the top of the engine for it to keep the oil in the crankcase. So the more the front of the truck goes down the highier the end of the tube becomes. So it can'e spill any oil out of the system now. Compared to 99 Cummins and a few others that just extend downward.

When I change oil now I've got all 11 quarts in my crankcase at the end of 6K miles for the last 60K miles! I don't leak and don't spill! :smart:

There was a TSB on this....

The only problem with the hose it doesn't want to lay correctly in the same place. It allows for pooling and sometimes it might kink up on you. Few people have done this and found out some rubber hose collapse in a short amount of time. I know PVC pipe will not collapse ever and it designed to never pool up and keeps the chances of freezing shut down to zero with PVC pipe compared to rubber hose.

I use some conduit clamps to secure the hose to the frame....so far it has been good. At one time I did buy some clear plastic hose to replace the rubber heater hose...but forgot about doing it. I should probably look at finishing that little project or at least inspecting the rubber hose..