D/UNIT

Sled Pulling

Are there any of you guys that are into sled pulling? when does the season start? id really like to get together with a bunch of guys and go to one, and maybe even hook up and try to pull one myself just for fun. but dont know anything about it.

oh boy! :P now your talkin my language we don't have any thing as of yet but smoken monster got me into this very very bad habit and some of the dominator boys are into it we pull with rocky mountain and also united also nate did a little last year hope he comes again and also his buddy in the d-max they usualy start the pulls around the end of may first of june we will keep yall posted :wink: maybe you guys in the boise area could do some sweet talkin with the fair boards up there so we can get some pulls in your area dangit now I wanna go pulling!

I talked to United and they wanted like 8k to put on a pull. Sure seems like alot of cash. I pulled at the last one in pokie and had a good time.

Steve

Guest Smokin Monster

The sad thing is we probably won't get a schedule until April. But when we do we will get it posted.

k to answer 92's ?

types of classes:

stock: intake and exhaust mods only no fueling enhancements 8000lb max weight

mod: fueling enhancements turbo hanging weight ahead of bumper intake exhaust no drugs or water/meth 8000lb max weight

and if they are going to have 3 classes this year I hope they do this

twins drugs fueling enhancements weight hanging 8000lb max weight

to pull you need the following

a helmet motorcycle approved

hitch with clevese or d ring with a 3" inside diameter must be no more than 26" from theground to center of clevese also you can look at www.nhrda.com under sledpulling for a little better understanding of the rules :smart:

and as usual people.correct me if i'm wrong

Guest Smokin Monster

That's probably what they will do this year. I'd bet we will just adapt the NHRDA rules except for the 9,000 lb weight in pro modified. I think it depends alot on what the pullers think.

Guest 9812VCTD

Pulls are great events to attend I am too chicken to hook up Steve keeps trying to talk me into it, maybe one of these days? :wink:

Justin

june 2nd morgan ut.

8&9 johnday or.

23 idaho falls I'D.

July 27 tooele ut.

August 11lyman wyoming

16 davis co. fair ut.

September 15 slccf

also new rules

3 diesel classes besides the 2pysco class

street stock: exhaust intake and 1 chip

mod class: single turbo upto 2.8 inducer no drugs water only permitted and fueling mods

new class: (name not aggreed upon yet) twins propane water/meth alcohol single turber larger than 2.8 inducer d.o.t. apprroved tires only no pullin tires weight for all classes 8000lb

Pulls are great events to attend I am too chicken to hook up Steve keeps trying to talk me into it, maybe one of these days? :wink:

Justin

justin im gonna yank one down the track at least once, just make sure you bring someone who has a trailer when/if you break something.

What's the name of the other sled pulling outfit around here? Rocky Mtn??

Where on the NHRDA page are the rules, I'm not seeing them.

I dunno if it's even worth pulling. I'll get stuck in the mod class I would imagine. I just have some small injectors, the Smart/TST stack. No big power really.

Guest Smokin Monster

It looks like they changed the NHRDA website. I couldn't find the rules there either. The other pulling association around here is Rocky Mountain Pullers. They don't do alot of pulls though. Both associations now have 3 diesel classes so it is more level playing grounds. It doesn't take real big hp to do well in the mod class. It is fun though.

Well let me know whenever a schedule comes out for Rocky Mtn.

It just doesn't work driving 4 or 5 hrs to a pull. I can't risk breaking my truck that far away.

awh come on nate you know we would help ya get back home if ya broke but in all honesty I really wanna hook to a sled in a very bad way I got an itchen for a hitchen

Guest Smokin Monster

United was talking about doing a pull in Boise. I hope it happens. I think we could get a good turn out.

United was talking about doing a pull in Boise. I hope it happens. I think we could get a good turn out.

have you heard any more on this? 8)

Guest Smokin Monster

Rocky Mountain Pullers has scheduled a pull in Burley, June 9th and one in Blackfoot the first Sunday of the Eastern Idaho State Fair, whatever day that falls on.