Sign in to follow this  
bucket truck

Outside temp.?

I was wondering how cold it was in Idaho? Today in Alabama it was in the high 70's! We are having a awful heat wave! It has been worse, back in 85 on X-mas day it hit a record high in the 80's! I hate this warm weather it is supposed to be in the 50's.

2 weeks ago it was in the low 20's @ night with a 10 to 20mph wind! that was my duty week on the call roster. I work for the power company, me and another lineman were out all night on overhead trouble. Then as the sun was coming up we had some underground trouble in a subdivision :x ! It was the first cold shot of the season and boy it was rough! It 's hard enough to get out of bed @ 1:30AM when a call comes in. A low in the 20's with windGUSTS up to 30mph! I don't know how the lineman up north do it! :shock: My hat is off to them!

Guest 9812VCTD

Last night it got down to -2 but can get as cold as -30 during the winter. Day time highs around 15 deg. :cry:

Justin

We had a 30 degree drop today, got down to 36. I don't mind even sub zero weather so much but everything around here is wet and muddy right now from all the ice and snow melting off. My old body just don't take this wet kinda cold anymore.

Guest Mopar1973Man

Here at the house... +8*F

In New Meadows, ID -10*F (Yes that's a minus)

In McCall, ID -2*F (Yes again that is a minus)

This morning its +12*F

As for my truck its parked inside the gargae and it plugged in... now my shop isn't heated but the waste heat coming from that block does a nice job of heating up that shop just a few degrees. It's still about freezeing inside the shop that for sure... The puddles from the melting ice are a big clue... :lol:

It was 7* this morning in Troy(about 11 miles east of Moscow). So far our weather station has recorded a low of -11.2*, and on top of that we had recorded wind gusts of 88mph just north of us. To be considered a hurricane the wind only has to be sustained at 75mph!! Out in central Wa., there was a report from an airport wind meter of 131mph gusts!!!!

Guest Mopar1973Man

Holy Crap! :o

That wind is blowing... You guys can keep it up there... I would love to keep the trees in my yard standing up right thank you!!!

I don't mind the cold temps... That don't seem to bother me... It's only cold till you say snowmobile! :lol: