Mopar1973Man

6.4L Ford owner complained about low power

I wonder why? 

https://i.imgur.com/lGSVb7M.mp4

pwZWhzZ.jpg

As you can see the turbo is ruined. I'm not sure if the video is working but the shaft is broken on the turbine. Then all the flex points of the exhaust are leaking drive pressure. So less performance. Ford 6.4L really took a beating and lost this round for sure. 

8BYfySk.jpg

lumkW7o.jpg

Really poor design that you are required to have a 2 post lift to work on your Ford truck. Majority of the stuff you got to do on these truck requires the cab to be lifted off the frame to access different parts of the engine. Even on the older 7.3L Fords you have things like the rail plugs for high pressure oil you need to replace the o-rings but have to lift the cab off to replace the rear two plug o-rings. I still love the old 7.3L Fords compared to the 6.0L and the 6.4L... (Yuk)

A guy who has done it a few times can have the cab off of one one of those things in about an hour. It's really not as big of a deal as it initially sounds. I'll be pulling the cab on mine in the fairly near future to do a myriad of upgrades, new up pipes and an external wastegate among them.

But the power of a 6.4 is addicting, and the transmission is one of the best on the market. Of all of the trucks I've owned over the years (and they all have/had their strengths and weaknesses), my 6.4/5R110 is the nicest package for towing that I've ever had.

• Thanks 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found