97cummins

Dump trailers

idaho turbo diesels member @Peter C used to haul for big tex. he mentions that james is real anal about the product coming onto his boise lot. mine came from his caldwell lot. pete tells me james is particular on customer satisfaction and does not tolerate faulty product, and runs a good business so i am confident in a quick resolution to this serious, which shows to be a dangerous issue. much worse than a minor inconvenience...........

:cheer:

progress.

ill tel the rest when complete.

all i got to say is james at american trailer sales in boise is a stand up guy. he went to bat for me with big tex at the tx HQ. 

in addition big tex is willing to make things right.

how i proceed tomorrow is up in the air. but today james asked me to bring the trailer. i decided to pull it empty down the highway. when i parked in the lot i see even the other side tweaked and collapesd. thankfully i noticed and made the correct move as id hate to be broken on the side of the rd with a load in the middle of nowhere.

i have some reasonable options with big tex purchasing this junk back at full price paid.

they offered the same model to me swap straight accross. however i raised the bed and the hangers are a design flaw as the axle width of the 70 sr does not match frame width. really? all the current 70sr's should be scrapped.

i looked at a 10LX and 14 LX and those actually had the hangers proper under the frame.however paying boot hurts.

the 14k 8x14 deck over dump with folding sides, hmmmm. even more boot.

thoughts?

trailer_collapsing_on_top_of_axles_RR_20180521_121347.jpg

That doesn't even look right. Spring looks twisted inward. 

Strange part in also a BigTex owner and have 70TV trailer.

heres what i think, it is just this one model of dump that is bad design. unsure on other big tex models of the same width but it appears they try to use a policy of one part fits all. one axle width for different frame widths which places the hanger off to the side causing it to tweak.

i pulled empty into town carefully to return it. parking into the lot caused the opposite side to tweak worse. wish i got a pic. is really ugly.

i looked at a 10k LX dump and it was made much stronger with hangers in place where they should be. no comparison in quality.

a new 70sr arrived into the lot and i raised the bed and although no tweaking it's mounts were also not dead center under the frame. avoid the big tex 70 sr anyone who is seeking a small dump trailer. step up to a 10 LX which also offers a scissor hoist vs the single ram.

manufacturing plants are indeed suffering with the poor quality offered by most of their millenial workers and that is a fact stated by big tex's warranty manager.. sad............

lr hanger tweaked as well so here is that photo.

james at american trailer sales in boise is doing what it takes to make things right and replace this faulty big tex trailer. thank you to james!

LRtweakedhanger1close20180523_163851.jpglrtweaked20180523_163906.jpglrtweaked20180523_163906.jpg

ok, the ordeal is over thanks to James at American Trailer Sales in boise and caldwell idaho.

sure, products can have issues. that sucks. but customer service from american trailer sales in boise and caldwell idaho is top shelf.

also big tex deserves a mention. customer service and resolving this issue with their faulty big tex 70 sr dump trailer was excellent. both american trailer sales made this process easier. they both agreed, this trailer has serious issues and is unsafe so lets get the customer into another. and quick too just as it should be.

i was told by james that i can bring it back and since they did not have a 70 sr in stock and he knows i need my trailer he offered to loan me a trailer to use until they can build me a new one. wow! what great service that is. :thumbup:

i checked out a 70 sr that came into the lot and it too had the spring hangers hanging out away from the frame. that does NOT work. i called the caldwell big tex facility to discuss big tex's design issues on the big tex 70 sr so i would hope they would soon correct. we will see wont we...........

i will say the 10 LX  10,000 lb rated dump trailer does have the hangers under the frame and they are braced side to side. id have no issues with that one at all. however the 14 0d bumper pull, deck over, 8 x 14 14,000 lb gvw is my next choice. obviously a good chunk of change so american trailer sales gave me a check refunding every last penny that i paid for the 70 sr to pay off loan so soon, after a bit of saving i plan to visit american trailer sales when i step up the the 14 od bumper pull deck over, big tex dump trailer. that is one well built and beefy trailer.

Thanks also to Lucy for taking the time to go thru and discuss these trailer specifications to help me make a wise decision on a new trailer.

it is nice for a change to be able to deal with a stand up, honest dealer like american trailer sales in caldwell and boise idaho. great customer service like James offers is rare in these times. thank you James!

:cheer:

I was there to see this with my own eyes as well. As a matter of fact I'm the one that shot the last pictures for Muddy. I was quite shocked to see the angle of the springs as it sat there in the lot. The dump trailer from Big Tex does have a serious issue and very weak design. If Muddy was hauling full loads of gravel or wet firewood a couple of hard corners in the city would ruin if not break those spring hangers right off the frame.

I'm not going to say all BigTex products suck because I'm also a BigTex owner as well.

DSCF3314.JPG

P051714_1443b.jpg

• Like 1