Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mopar1973Man

Edge Comp Info

Guest Mopar1973Man

Wel I was playing with Edge Comp and started to notice different things about it.

Currently I'm setup as 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5... Now I was out on flat ground with the cruise set at 60 MPH. I went from 1x1 to 5x5 and watched the gauges.

The biggest difference I saw was the boost changes by about a full 1 PSI from 1x1 to 5x5. Pyro hold about the same. This goes to show the timing difference and fueling difference even at 60 MPH cruise set...

I'm still learn how this thing ticks and how each setting effect the MPG and performance of the truck.

All in all though the MPG is creeping up but not as quickly as expected... There is a lot of factors holding up my research... Winter temps, flooded highways, winter diesel fuel...

So I'm playing a bit now and then to see what is the best for my conditions... I got to admit 3x3 or 4x4 is more than enough power out here... But 5x5 is a nice BACK OFF! notifier! :D

I took a 2500 mile trip last year and at each fill up put the Comp on different settings to check fuel mileage. My best mileage was at 1X1 with the box on. On my truck anyway the Comp cut's my mileage by just a small amount. But not near as much fun with it off. There was less than a 1mpg difference between 4X4 and 1X1, 5X5 however made a big difference of over 2mpg.

Playing with the settings I can also still produce a good amount of power without near the smoke if I set the subsetting up higher than the main setting. Such as using 2X5, it increases the boost speeds to limit smoke time.

For daily driving I leave it on 1X3. The smoke is minimal and it gives me enough power increase to not be able to avoid traffic problems.

If I'm towing heavy, the first thing I do is turn it off. Not even worth the risk to me to heat things up. The mighty Cummins has the power to pull anything without the Comp anyway. For me the Comp is just a toy for my amusement, truck Don't need it for work.

Guest Mopar1973Man

Interresting...

I might give that a try 1x3... And see how it runs. I've seen a few good runs 2-3 MPG increase but lately with the rain and melting snow on the roads its going to add drag to the truck hence reduce the MPG number again...