97cummins

Tranny go boom

Well, yesterday afternoon was interesting to say the least.

I was driving to get some dinner,and after making a turn and driving again. The next thing i know i hear a boom and i suddenly have no gears. Forward, reverse, ect.

I had to wait for the tow truck to take me home. Dont know yet what happened until the tranny is pulled.

Well something broke... 

Strangely enough, so far I've been really lucky with my 5 speed. Never had a 5th gear issue. Then the day I broke the mainshaft I still continue driving to deliver a truck for its owner that I was towing on a trailer. The only gears I had was 1st, 2nd, 5th and Reverse... Still traveled the 20 miles on a broken main shaft. Just didn't have 3rd or 4th gears.

image.png.7315b14c72ddb369e642032ac974ab

Well, im getting my truck back on monday after being fixed.

After the guy took my tranny apart he found my imput shaft twisted. So i talked to him on the phone last sunday and he says since you have this manny mods you should upgrade to the billit imput shaft. I told him that was in my plans for next year.so i just had him put a billit in it while he had it apart. So thats out of my way.lol

I wasn't planning on the billet input but eventually decided it would be good insurance.  I got screaming deal on a billet flywheel too when the one they ordered turned out to be wrong.  Truck was in the shop for 2 weeks,  I hadn't been without a truck since I was 16.  I had to borrow my sisters truck one day for a dump run and as usual I got stuck working on it too.  :-?

• Like 1

Ohhh no. The mext thing down line is screaming in fear.

You broke fusible link ans got rid of it sor solid chunk of metal. Kaboom.

How much power you making?

9 hours ago, Evan said:

I missed what tranny. Was it on triple disc. 

Syco yours to.

Mine is the 47re auto, with a dunright tripple disc,and heavy duty valve body.

Mines just a low stall single to. 

Syco whats a heavy duty valve body?  is it also from dunrite. I did some research and most all are just worked over factory valve bodies