MUDDY

what do you do for a living?

as the title sez, what do you do for a living? do not be like zio , pictured below who is ashamed to tell folks what he does for a living. :lmao:

workjobembarrasing.jpg

I don't have that problem at all and proud of what I do...

Owner of...

• Mopar1973Man.com
  • PrevailWebManagement.com

So now break it down so more.

Prevail Web Management I've got to handle LAMP.

• Linux Operating Systems
  • Apache HTTP Servers
  • MySQL Database 
  • PHP complier

Then tack on any PHP software used. Then security of the website and learning the new hacker craze.

As for the Mopar1973Man.Com... Now that I've got to handle building product which is the Mopar1973Man high idle kit. I've had several members show up at the house and do repairs for them traveling through the area. So I'm a capable mechanic and have a small basic shop. 

• Like 1

I drill water wells. I have been in the drilling business since before i graduated high school. Almost 15 years.

I have drilled more wells than any other driller the last 2 years in a row, soon to be 3. The last 2 years I drilled over 100 wells each. I dont think ill hit 100 this year. The weather slowed us down quite a  bit earlier this year with all the snow.

I like drilling because it involves a bit of everything I enjoy. I work outside, I drive a truck, i have a class A cdl, I weld, I mechanic, I'm the boss on my rig, I run a crane, i talk with customers and vendors, and best of all I rarely have to answer to my boss. He lets me do my thing and as long as I have permits I can just go to work and do my job.

0523171010.jpg

0609171343_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I am happy to help when I can. I like to think if the well is done right you should never have issues with it. I don't do pump work and unfortunately the pump will eventually fail. 

1 hour ago, 686Cody said:

I don't do pump work and unfortunately the pump will eventually fail. 

Dang... I know the well was drilled in 1989 so the pump is 28 years old. I know you have to have special tools to pull a pump up out of a well.

You can pull the pump with a pump truck is ideal but alot of people do it themselves with a crane or other things. It kinda depends how deep the pump is set for how heavy its gonna be. Them older pumps seem to really last a long time if the well is clean.

Do You have the info for your well? If not get me the tag number off the well. It should start with a D00*****. I can get the log for you if its in the system.

• Like 1

I'll look for the tag. Is there any particular place the tag would be? It would be interesting to know as much as I can about it. The last I knew the owner said it was 50 foot.

It should be a stainless steel tag welded to the casing above ground. Here is a pic of the tag. 0713171340a.jpg

Here is a link to the dept of water resources well log search. It had a spot to input the tag number and should give you your well info if its in their system. https://www.idwr.idaho.gov/Apps/appsWell/WCInfoSearchExternal/

Edited by 686Cody
  • Thanks 1