• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
686Cody

Eco Boost V6

Hi guys. I have decided my pathfinder is just too small. I need a full size truck or suv to daily drive. I know a few people that have newer f150s with the ecoboost engines and they really seem to like them. I have always been a v8 kinda guy so I'm skeptical about the v6.

Do any of you have any experience with the v6 engines? Is there any reason to shy away from the v6 or any other f150 engine? I am leaning toward a 2012 f150 ecoboost now but don't wanna fork out $26k for a lemon.

i do know someone who returned his ecoboost for a 5.0 v8 f150 due to the issues.

i would avoid the tritons for certain. the new 5.0 i am not familiar with. i would point someone to the 5.3 gm new generation as they work excellently and mpg is amazing. ive had some of the previous gen 5.3's at near 300k and still running like new.

the ecoboost could be a money pit from what some mention. keep it simple...............

Thanks Muddy, I agree the ecoboost seems like it could be very expensive to fix if it had problems.

I'm not much of a gm person but I would consider a one of their larger suv's. I can't get myself to buy a gm truck. Im pretty much open to anything I can fit into and fit 2 car seats in the back of. I found a 7.3 excursion that I would love to buy but I want something that warms up fast in the winter and a 7.3 is not gonna cut it. 

22 hours ago, MUDDY said:

i would avoid the tritons for certain.

Agreed. Ford Triton engines are a PITA. Stupid spark plugs that break off in the head then require special tools to recover the broken mess. 

Image result for ford triton spark plugs

• Thanks 1

7.3 excursion would be a great one to have. however for a daily driver i can see your point to not use that platform.

we had an 01 tahoe with the 5.3 and it made a good 20 mpg family cruiser and was enjoyable to drive. this rig was also pushing 300 k on an untouched engine.

1500 pickups, burbs, and hoes from 07.5 thru 11 had issues caused by the cylinder deactivation causing excess oil useage. this can be deactivated with a ''range'' box. the 2500 hd's with the 6.0 did not have this but half tons did. i would avoid this handful of years on a 1500 gm. the new gen tahoes and burbs are sure sweet but too pricey. one does find 2000 thru early 07 burbs and hoes at reasonable prices and those 5.3's prove good results for their intended tasks........

I gotta say i had a triton in my 01 f150 and it never let me down. It was by far the most reliable truck I've ever owned.

I did find a decent suburban in Gooding for 6k. I might call the place and get some info on it. I just drove by and it looked nice. 

I appreciate your help guys. I never thought I would need to find a family wagon. I'm not willing to buy a mini van yet. If i found a cool old 4wd van I might consider it though.

• Like 1

I tinted the windows pretty dark in the pathfinder. I would need to spray paint the windows on a mini van.

I looked at tahoes and yukons. They are pretty nice. I also like the looks of the yukons and tahoes. I don't mind the suburbans but they are a bit large. In the pics i cant tell how big the back seat is in the Tahoe. I assume its bigger than the pathy but I might need to go look at them.

People still want some money for the older tahoes and yukons. I will most likely need to finance one if I find something I like. I was kinda thinking of this one. 

https://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-gmc-yukon-sle-sport/6310254921.html

12 hours ago, 686Cody said:

I would need to spray paint the windows on a mini van.

Use the Plasti-Dip spray. That way you just peel it off later on and the value of the vehicle is ruined.

16 hours ago, 686Cody said:

I tinted the windows pretty dark in the pathfinder. I would need to spray paint the windows on a mini van.

I looked at tahoes and yukons. They are pretty nice. I also like the looks of the yukons and tahoes. I don't mind the suburbans but they are a bit large. In the pics i cant tell how big the back seat is in the Tahoe. I assume its bigger than the pathy but I might need to go look at them.

People still want some money for the older tahoes and yukons. I will most likely need to finance one if I find something I like. I was kinda thinking of this one. 

https://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2005-gmc-yukon-sle-sport/6310254921.html

05 a good yeaar and low miles as well. hope they can jew. one would find lower prices thru a private party but that is one sweet rig and the low miles are a plus.

mine was just like that one and when i had it, that hoe was the one that seemed to be the truck that grabbed the keys to when going someplace i didnt need to tow a big trailer. was a sweet rig for us and the wife got 18 + driving it to work when she took it. 20 mpg for me in my travels. comfy ride as well. indeed a cowboy caddilac.

Cool Muddy, thank you. Im gonna call them and see what they have to say. I'm gonna try and trade in the pathy and get my 3k out of it.

• Like 1