Mopar1973Man

Design a skin for the site...

Hey, gang... 

I want to give you all a say in how you would like to see the site. I've got to build a fresh theme for the site. So I want ideas from the members here on what you want to see for colors and layout. We've got a wonderful framework to work with and can do quite a bit with it. Colors, icons (fonts), gradient colors, radius corners, much much more. So let hear from all of you what you want the site to look like... 

Personally, I would love to see a get-together photo possibly out camping with ATV's. This would have to be a good quality photo. The color scheme I tend to favor blues which tends to be mild on the eyes and keeps tempers down too compared to red which is a reverse and tend to make for arguments.

Some of my recent forum skins I built...

https://mopar1973man.com/

http://smartyresource.net/

(Yes I see there is a server issue here... )

Lets here some feedback...

Was out of town and missed the first post but I'll do some thinking on it and see what ideas I can come up with.  Thanks for posting a follow up.

• Thanks 1

Dinner meeting has always been part of the group. I know there have been wrench parties in the past and camping trips. So it time to build a theme around the things the site has done or will be doing. Kind in mind is a big camp out picture of all the rigs and people standing around as a background picture. The build a color theme from that. Another would be a wrench party picture and build from that.

Need something...

Someone else would have to provide a few pictures for something like that unless we can get a relatively middle ground gathering together in the near future.  All I have for pictures so far are a few random shots of people at the dinner meets.

since my laptop farted many pics are gone but i did review the site and we have a lot of gatherings photographed.

photobucket toast as well but i believe we have some good ones hosted on the site.

I think a large group pic with members and their trucks in the background would be cool. Especially out camping or something so we could get our family's in it too.

Or if its possible to make a photo reel and have members submit a good pic of them or their family with their diesel truck and just have it scroll through the pics. Even if the person don't have a diesel truck they could just get a nice pic of them camping, wrenching, or just enjoying Idaho's outdoors. 

• Thanks 1

Well... I can do part of that... I can use one photo in the background. Like my examples above where my site I used tire tracks and on Smarty Resource I use a photo of a Smarty Touch. So as the photo reel isn't going to happen. I've got to keep the pictures large but also try to keep the size down so it doesn't eat huge amounts of bandwidth for mobile users. 

17 hours ago, 686Cody said:

Here is a cool pic :ok:

h1M0abx.jpg

I know its not what your looking for but I got nothing.

For example if I was to use this picture which is plenty big enough. Now I would load up Gimp (Linux version of Adobe Photoshop) and scale it back some. Then save it. Then load up Inkscape (Linux version of Adobe Illustrator) and convert the raster image to vector art. Then save it out. Then I can add it to the web site telling the browser its Vector art and stretch as you see fit to fill the background. Then lock the image in place so it doesn't scroll.

Vector art is created using vector illustration software programs, such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. These programs use mathematic equations and geometric primitives (points, lines, and shapes) to create art that is clean, camera ready, and can be scaled infinitely, without any loss of quality or fidelity.

Doesn't look like I'll be of any help if we are looking at a picture of everyone.  I got nothing.  I could possibly help @MUDDY get some stuff off his hard drive.  Dinner meets haven't been much in the way of grouping near the vehicles if guys are even driving their diesels.  We would have to put up some meet times to figure out where and when a majority could attend.  

• Thanks 1

I'll get something together and throw up a boosted survey link on FB for a possible when and where.  Will have to create another post on this site to link back to.  Its still kinda quiet over there so I cant promise much.

• Like 1

sad thing is that all my good pics were taken with my old flip phone :wall;

many old photos are stored on the site we can access thru the admin ppanel tho

So with Mike pulling on his lever and not coming out of the closet :shock:, that leaves us with 4 possible attendees thus far.  We might have to take the picture at your place @MUDDY.  Gather up all the vehicles everyone owns and grab some bums from downtown by the capitol building.  We'll just have to photoshop out the protest signs.  Dinner meet is soon so we can check with the less tech savvy crowd.

• Haha 1