• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Sup y'all, just figured I'd introduce myself. I was referred here by a member from another forum. His name is plzstrokeme over there, not sure what it is here. Anyway, my name is Jamie, I'm 31. I have been a tech for about 10 years now. I'm ASE master certified with advanced engine performance certs too. Started on gas, then switched to a diesel tech for a couple years and now I do both. Pretty much the only job I've ever had was wrenching. My specialty is electrical and engine performance diagnostics. Some shops call it driveability, I simply call it diag. It pretty much sucks. Should have been a lawyer, or a doctor...engineer.... Anything thats a little more white collar. Oh well, too late now. 

I don't personally own a diesel yet but probably will someday. I don't have a preference between diesel and gas, I like them both for different reasons. And I don't really have a bias towards any of the big three, I hate them all for different reasons. Without a doubt the Duramax is the hardest to work on, though I have yet to do much work on the 6.7 powerstrokes so time will tell on that. If I had to pick a truck right now I'd probably take a 6.4 powerstroke or an LML Duramax.

And that's all I have to say about that.

• Like 1

@jamiesaun Welcome to the site. Your technical knowledge will be valuable here.

I happen to be a big Cummins buff. Been playing with Cummins engines now for 15 years. Then before that, I use to play with Mopar gasoline engines which I've been doing for 31 years now. Still enjoy playing with old school muscle V8's and the Cummins diesels. I'd love to learn more about the Duramax and Powerstrokes...

glad you are here on the forum. i look fwd to your posts......

also hope to meet up at a dinner meet. we have these the third wed of each month which reminds me i need to put up a thread on the august meet :thumbup:

welcome to idaho turbo diesels ! :woyt:

Happy you joined up man. My name is Cody here btw. I wish I could change my name on the other forums.

There are some smart people on this forum. It would be cool to all meet up at a dinner or camping trip someday.

• Like 1