Evan

Let's see your exhaust

Mines fabbed from a 4" pipe from 2004. 

I bought a mbrp down pipe a built the rest from there. 

20170506_123125_zpskld8m170.jpg

Muffler is areturbine with resonator way

2015-03-06%2019.02.05_zpsc25z6zkm.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry girlfriend distracted me. 

The aero turbine with resonator is a lot whiter then most 4" exhausts with straight mufflers and for sure no muffler. Mine sounds like no others I've heard and has no drone while towing.  I've ran some cheap straight mufflers with packing and they tend to drone under a load at 1800 rpm so much so my ears bleed.  I've ran no muffler to and it wakes the neighbors up when I leave to hunting at 4am lol

I ran for many years with a straight pipe 3-inch exhaust but with trailer towing the drone got too nasty. So I added a flow through muffler that's all. To this day I still don't have EGT problems or issues.

DSCF2613.JPG

DSCF2614.JPG

On my truck with 100h  injectors going from in from of the tire to rear bumper gained quite a few egt  numbers.

3" minus cat is a great exhaust I to ran like that for probly 100000 miles. It wasn't unroll I bought a welder that I decided to go 4". Wish I had a temp gauge the n to see the difrince but then I had plugged up stock injectors

Just +75HP injectors and just changing the timing on the Quadzilla can drop a bunch of EGT's. Still on the same 3" though. 

There is a local truck here that is running dual 2.5" exhaust and the owner claims it just like having 5" exhaust... Yeah right... 

• Like 1

Running a 4" Diamond Eye down pipe, 4" straight pipe to 5" aussie stacks.  No issues with soot or drone. B)  I'm actually kind of disappointed with how quiet it is. 

led_rack.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I did manage to break out the power washer and rinse the entire truck down from top to very bottom. I dumped so much salt that the snow continued to melt in the driveway... :o

What did you just say. I must be seeing things mopar man.

My exhaust is looking pretty rusty. Bought time to start playing with it again

Moparman

Is that donaldson muffler?

Im going to find a use for this exhaust off a 379pete. Im bored with my rusty 4" im thinking Donaldson off road muffler. Or the cheap 30" muffler on ebay for 67.

I picked up the 4-5 adapter at kenworth yesterday itp go in downpipe somewhere not sure yet.

I hate to say it but the chrome parts might even end up at the tail end..

Ive been wanting to change up my exhaust for awhile now just couldnt see spending money on something that wont make gains.

This is very close to free so its now time

2018-07-23_01-16-46

That os just surface rust. Itl clean up nice woth scrotch brite.

I do have 5ft of straight en route from Ebay it was 50 bucks cheaper than a muffler.

Ill get the exhaust on and go from there.

Plan to get some baseline egt numbers before pulling 4" off

Pertebilt exhaust cleaned up ok  the 45s are cut out of the y pipe 90s I'll probly end up cutting 45s out of the other 90s  most everything can be done with 45s

Gona hold this high and tight as possible

2018-07-29_01-13-04

I've been towing around meridian I've been having a hard time getting baseline egt numbers in city traffic 

The stick of 5" will be here tomorrow, not sure I'll find time to tear into it till the weekend

2018-07-29_01-36-25

I'll have to clearance the receiver hitch alittle to make this happen this is how my 4" is but its dumped down

With a slash cut 90.

With it dumped on ground the black smoke washes out quicker. This will be washing out on cars as I leave a stop light loaded, takes her alittle bit to clear out and spool 

Well see what happens 

Edited by Evan
  • Like 1

Got it done. Drove around the block came right back and cut the aero turbine in. I made it a 4"in 5" out muffler.

Has a much better quieter sound than the straight pipe

2018-08-04_12-37-57

Didnt quite exit how I wanted.. kinda cool seeing all old exhaust of Peter bolt put to use.

2018-08-04_12-34-04

I'll get that hanger off the receiver frame. I just threw it there to get it hanging on its own

• Like 3

Thanks muddy.

I think turbo might spoil alittle faster it cleans out the black smoke faster or it might just not seem to smoke as much as 4" pipe.

It is after some drive time still on the loud side. I may toss a fte resonator in it. 

Its also blackening my fender I didnt think it would

From what I can tell, the only way to keep it from getting on the truck is to have it stick out past the body.......

Your's looks great!!  Can you come up with more pipe like that for 'friends' on here?

Thanks millco

I just lucked into this pipe. I've priced bends through truck shops like the bar in boise and anything with kenworth stamp is spendy, like 130bucks for single not chrome 90 bend.

And after doing the project I would do it again and I'll probly change up how it exits. But holy man for about 350 those turbo back kits are cheap. Even if you bought a kit and cut it up and changed it to suit your needs.

I ran from boise to mtn home yesterday right at 20k egts were at 1300 even before really starting into eisman canyon

I knocked it out of over drive and took a spot with the big trucks going 55-60mph all the way to rest area egts :( were manageable but still toasty. I also noticed I am still defueiling boost bouncing just barely over 20psi.

I wonder if I plug in a boost fooler if it sees lower egts or fuel that much more to and be the same.

Edited by Evan

smarty handles boost fooling. wont allow it to defuel.

a simple boost elbow will alter the wastegate to allow higher boost in addidiotn to smarty.