• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

97cummins

Pop up adds

sponsors are undependable. many have been removed for a reason. some are on for no charge to show appreciation for members who have been helped. one we've not sold a single bumper for. so now the pop up ads will get us a few dimes eaxch day. needing to do the upgrade for a donation box.

with the new upgrades and change to ipb the expenses are up and there is no cash to maintain itd so either do this or let the site terminate.

another thing is we need more traffic. there is a lot of expense for a site where we just half half a dozen regulars which of most who do not add postings to the site.

• Like 1

Basically Muddy is paying out of pocket to keep the site going. So now I'm attempting to make the site self-supporting. Between Google Ads paying for the ads being displayed on the site. Then if we throw a donation box in then members can contribute money to keeping the site going. 

Right now there is a few things Muddy and I would like to purchase for the site but funds are lacking and slow to come. So if your will to donate money to the cause send it to Muddy and we'll keep plugging away at the site keep building it up. Sad to say, the quality software has a price and if you want a secure site then you have to pay the price for the security and features. 

Just to give you an idea. The cost of operation for me is much much higher. My total cost of operation for last year was a bit more than $12k for the site. This is including all bills and expenses for my site. Muddy has very low expenses right now but as things grow you have to keep the income growing as well or the site will fail.

So the game plan is the members that donate fund to the cause will be given a higher status on the site that will reduce or remove the ads completely. Give more storage and abilities like all the other diesel sites are doing. 

• Like 2

@97cummins pass it around to other members. Make sure others you know understand as well. 

I pretty much finished up the different level of membership for when the donation software gets installed. 

• Megear Donor
  • Ordinary Donor
  • Generous Donor

Basically, each level provides more bonus to the member the more they donate. In the same token this will take care of site costs and possibly put a little back in Muddy's pocket as well. 

• Like 1

Like right now you cannot modify much in your profile. You can't upload header photo, can't upload an avatar, PM storage is limited, uploading to the site for attachment is limited. Bigger your donation the more of all the above you can work with. That was one of the issues I had to discuss with Muddy is if we have unrestricted uploading of files and data the site will soon grow to huge size and require a bigger storage space which will also up the cost of operating the site. This is the only way to gain control of this. 

Again using my site for example I've got 90 GB of storage space, 3 TB of bandwidth, 2 MB of memory, and 2 Processors. I'm already at roughly 45-50 GB of space consumed and this is costing me $59 a month to for just the server alone to keep running. There is an additional charge if I increase storage of my server so in other words rein in the usage of the storage by the way of donations or prepare for shelling out more funds to pay for the server to hold the data. 

• Like 2