Mopar1973Man

16x7 Dodge Ram Steel Chrome Wheels

I had some toyo mts and liked them. I now have toyo at2 and they are ok. My next tires will be bfg. I like the look of wide tires. I think most trucks look best with a fender full of tire. I dont care for trucks lifted way up in the air. I liked them when I was younger though. I'm happy I grew out of the mt tire phase. I doubt ill ever grow out of having oversized tires though. 

I was told a tall skinny m55 is the best tire for off road but not ideal for highway travel. Just gotta find a happy medium for whatever conditions you plan to drive in I guess.

Try the Hankook ATm 

http://www.hankooktire.com/us/passenger-cars/hankook-dynapro-at-m-rf10.html

slide1

I'm on my second set and they wear like iron. I've got over 20k miles on my now and still look new. Excellent tire for winter road conditions. My 235/85 R16 I run I can out drive most people on the highway even with up to 6-9 inches of snow. 

I actually have some experience with those dynapro tires. The guy I was working with put a set of 315/70r17 on his 2nd gen cummins. We were both very impressed with them. He still has them on a spare set of rims with over 50k miles. 

I've ran Cooper STT's which had really good traction for offroad but very heavy tire and wore quickly. Big O Tire MT's (old design) was really good they new tread pattern wear too quickly. I found a China Made ST tire (Load Range G's) that was just a street tread worked really good and wore well. Some tires wear good on the road and other well you get what you pay for. I tend to stay away from MT series tires and wide faced tires. MT tires tend to have less rubber in contact with the highway also tend to howl more. Wide faced tires tend to do very poorly in the snow. Like saying that if I walk out into the snow I sink. Now stick on a pair of snowshoes I can walk on top. Why I see all these big jacked up trucks driving super slow white-knuckle driving with 37" tires. Where I hauling tail right up the canyons without a second thought with 235's. Shocker, yet I run most of the winter in 2WD rarely do I even pull the 4WD. 

From Jan 5, 2017 to Jan 5, 2018 I cleared 60k miles of driving. 

Your funny mopar man i rarely use 4wd but i white knuckle grip when i  snow and ice i am the guy going slower than everyone. does not matter if im on big mud tires or m55  studs or street tread. 

I go slow or stay the off rd in very bad conditions id rather not get to casket first. 

My problem is Moparmom is a dialysis patient in Ontario, OR so I MUST travel the roads every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. If I don't it just put MoparMom that more at risk of dying. That being said I don't have the luxury of just hiding at home when the weather is bad. I don't have the luxury of traveling super slow either because I miss the time slot MoparMom doesn't get dialysis treatment. I will say in the year time I've never been late. Being I'm down at Muddy's place every Tuesday and Thursday for sure doing web work from his place.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45.2436252,-116.3323794/DaVita+Four+Rivers+Dialysis+Center+PD,+515+East+Ln,+Ontario,+OR+97914/@44.6318021,-117.1811324,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m16!1m6!3m5!1s0x54af8fc1c1369097:0x577b22db6d623acb!2sDaVita+Four+Rivers+Dialysis+Center+PD!8m2!3d44.020778!4d-116.9410712!4m8!1m1!4e1!1m5!1m1!1s0x54af8fc1c1369097:0x577b22db6d623acb!2m2!1d-116.9410712!2d44.020778

So I've geared my truck up for all types of weather, darkness, work, etc. I can even if needed camp out in the truck I've got food and water for 2 people. So if the storm is that bad I can simple pull over and break out the water and MRE's and at least stay warm. I will admit I've never had to do that even with last winter I still continued to drive back and forth without an issue!

Dont be afraid to slow done. Mopar mom is better to show up late then dead upside down in the river..

My daughter was on dialis for awhile but we are right here.

Be carefull and keep on trucking

• Like 1

This where the changes in my truck came from. HID light, LED light, tires, change of wheels (Thanks @MUDDY ), Quadzilla tuner, +75HP injectors, New VP44 injection pump and a South Bend Clutch as well. Even got to Thank @hbowers and @MUDDY again for bailing me out during the time my front wheel bearing failed in downtown Boise.

• Thanks 1

Mopar man we have a storm suposed to be hitging tonight.  I only have to drive around town, looking forward to trying the mtr kevlars in snow. Saying 2-4" down here. Hopefully you dont have to make the drive 

2018-01-21_10-16-38

Kinda a different tread pattern. Im only running this tire because i traded into them. No money exchanged