Mopar1973Man

+75HP (7x0.0085) SAC Injectors

Finally, the injectors came on Thursday. I waited till Saturday to come home so I've got the weekend to install the new injectors. Very clean looking injectors, fresh copper washers already supplied. I was kind of shocked though, as posted on DAP page...

https://dieselautopower.com/diesel-auto-power-75hp-performance-injectors-7x0-0085-sac-vp7x85sac75/

Set of 6 Diesel Auto Power 75HP Performance Injectors for Dodge 24 valve Cummins. 7 hole (0.0085 inch holes) SAC style. Compatible for years 1998.5-2002. Installation kit included: (Injector connecting tube removal tool/nut, copper sealing washers, and o-rings for connector tube). new copper washers.

The injector connector tube removal tool was missing and o-rings for the connector tubes was missing. What you see in the photo is all I got. Kind of disappointed to find out that the crossover tube o-rings and the tool were not in the package. 

These are the injectors I would recommend for you.  .010" pintle lift/, mild extrude hone= approx 43% more fuel from the nozzle 1.86LPM

So I really do hope these babies are clean running... We'll find out very soon as of tomorrow.

DSCF4006.JPG

DSCF4008.JPG

(Tomorrow... came!)

Here you go... Stock on top and the new +75HP Sac on the bottom.

0402170904a.jpg

See the difference between stock VCO's and the +75HP SAC's

0402170905.jpg

All peeled apart and ready for new injectors...

0402170904.jpg

Now just using my current tune they are very smoky using my old tuning. Now I'm going to sit down and create new tunes for both performance and economy sides on the Quadzilla so this will clean up the smoke and bring the EGT heat down too. 

(after some test driving and tuning of the Quadzilla)

Basically wide use of timing is now allowed. 19-20* is really smooth and quiet now. Economy tune I've started from 90% and worked up from there. Performance tune is starting from 100% and up from there. Wiretap had to be reduced quite a bit to control upper end smoke. Still trying to weed out some of the smoke yet. Boost wise old tune and the new injectors it would bounce a easy 45 PSI. EGT's are still bit hot and going to weed some of that out too. I'm not going to post it quite yet till I get it cleaned up more. 

tune.jpg

• Like 2

excellent. will be interest in seeing and feeling first hand :thumbup:

the ability to custom tune certainly has benefits :thumbup:

• Like 1

@MUDDY got an first-hand ride in the truck yesterday over to his ranch house. I think he was fairly impressed with the power. I still have to do a bit of tuning to clean up the bit of smoke I'm still blowing. I've still got a bit of lopey launching but not bad. I'm waiting for this tank of fuel to be consumed then I can calibrate my OBDLink for my new injectors and get some feedback of how its doing MPG wise on the roll.

indeed impressive power. and the first attempt to tune for them was successful as there was actually not an excess of smoke. I look fwd to seeing when the tune is dialed in.

I'm running 100hp. Sac injectors. I couldn't bring myself to buy voc injectors. 

I guarantee you one thing I'm sure not running clean but even with haze pouring out pipe I'm getting best fuel mileage I've ever got. With find over power in pedal if I want it. 

I'd guess 75s to run slightly cleaner pretty sure a turbo mod will clean then up. Not sure hx35 will unroll 1800rpm.   

Some timing gurus like you may get it a little cleaner he'll a 4" exhaust might clean it up a little. 

Good luck but I bet even if your blown smoke you get better fuel mileage then you have been 

Did it go out? Mine smoke like freight train. But has since doing injectors . About 4 years ago i uograded the lift pumo to 150gpm pump factory in tank retrofit was idling at 4psi. I'm now about 14 wot 18 at idle.

Lol that's off topic 

Yea... My injection pump died with the P0216 code and timing stuck in full advancement. So it rattles really hard and had very little power. I'll have a new VP44 injection pump by Monday. 

You might say ouch but I say I've got my monies worth out of it. 243k miles. That is excellent life span for a VP44. So spending $1000 every 15 years that's only $66 a year. Not bad at all. The timing of the failure sucks though. Budget is tight, I need the truck for the MPG value, and need it for the towing ability.

4 things you need...

1. Good fuel pressure. 14-20 PSI at all times

2. 128:1 ratio of 2 cycle oil in the fuel to keep the lubricity up.

3. Clean DC power from the alternator (less than 0.1 AC volts)

4. Good filtration. Either double stack filters or opt for good quality 3um filters.

Then you'll go farther on that pump.

Have the 14-20 no filtration other than factory filter.  I went cheap when i did the fuel system from the tank to pump

9 hours ago, Evan said:

I do dump used motor oil in fuel every once in awhile.  

Not good... Here is what high ash oil will do. This includes ATF and waste engine oil.

dirty-inj.jpg.886a165c1d5174d3dbcbd1a84b

ashed-injectors.jpg

Now 80,000 miles of ashless 2 cycle oil.

injector-80k.jpg

I would highly consider switching to clean 2 cycle oil. 

Worse yet... Power Service rated very low in the HFRR scores. Look at #10 in the list and then look at #7 in the list. Even at 200:1 ratio the 2 cycle is way better lubricity than Power Service could be. Undocumented at 128:1 ratio for 2 cycle oil its more like 380 HFRR. 

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/general-cummins/84_engine/92_fuel_92/hfrr-values-of-diesel-additives-r366/

bosch-testing.jpg.c546b5191f19f69cc5e042

• Like 1

HFRR score is how big of a scar in microns. So lower the score the less wear was done to the test metals. Keep in mind that all injection pumps have hardened steel parts and this the same metal tested within the HFRR jig. Just remember all of todays fuel supplied at the pump is ~520HFRR so it does NOT meet Bosch standards at all. Bosch recommends <450 HFRR fuel to be used. 

For example 650 HFRR on CP3 pump

bosch-testing-cr-fail.jpg.be44ad4757ca5a

Then 460 HFRR on CP3 pump...

bosch-testing-cr-pass.jpg.366e67a2b35807

• Like 1

OK, now Im starting to understand.

So when should I add the stuff to my tank? Every fill up,every other fill up, once a month? What do you use?

4 hours ago, 97cummins said:

So when should I add the stuff to my tank?

So if the fuel from the fuel station doesn't meet the requirement this means every tank need oil added. 

1989 to 2002 you can use 128:1 ratio or 1 ounce of oil per 1 gallon of fuel pumped into the tank. So if you buy 14 gallons of fuel you need 14 ounces of oil. 

2003 to 2007 you can use 200:1 ratio safely. 

Above 2007 you can use 2 cycle oil only if you deleted the smog equipment.