• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mopar1973Man

Interesting find about Smarty tuners

3 posts in this topic

https://mopar1973man.com/topic/12009-smarty-s03-tuning-testing-of-can-bus-fueling/?do=findComment&comment=151875

Here is a bit of information about the Smarty tuners. It seems that you reach full fuel message on the CANBus with less than 50% of throttle signal. So basically you have taken you volume knob and instead of having 0 to 10 (100%) you now 0 to 4 (100%) making the throttle more sensitive as well illusion of more power because it takes less APPS signal to max out the CANBus.

The fact remains. Any programmer or tuner that DOES NOT tap the wire can only produce a maximum of 60-65 HP worth of power. I know the MM3 has been talking big about breaking this barrier. I highly doubt it being there is software limitation of the ECM and VP44. Being the Quadzilla reports the CANBus message and I can clear see the actual decimal value from 0 to 4095. There is no way to exceed this value. This is where the wiretap comes in allowing the end user to hold the fuel pin in the VP44 longer creating more power beyond what the CANBus can command in 0 4095 value. As for the CANBus value, it converts to 0FFF in hexadecimal which the software uses. 

Hexadecimal is a base 16 number system. 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

So based on the limitations of the ECM and VP44 this value can't be exceeded in a tuner or programmers. So this is why the 60-65 HP limit. 

http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter