• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

MarineOne

Emmett Chili Feed

Emmett Cycle Park - February 25th - this coming weekend.

Come on out and eat some chili, do a little riding, and BS with the group.

Membership forms will be available; membership dues are $25 for the calendar year.

We are starting to enforce membership for legal reasons.  The membership form is also a liability release in case you, as a member, do something and hurt yourself ... similar to the two roll overs we had last year on the same ride.

This is a pot-luck, so make sure you bring something with and some cash for the membership.

-Kris

• Like 1

the park sounds like fun, but, have any real rides on the calendar? hopefully before the snow and mud is gone :thumbup:

Lots of rides coming up, most are still waiting to be published.

We're on MeetUp, but it looks like we're going to use the club's Facebook group and publish events there, too.

That whole #Resist thing with MeetUp left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people considering that those groups don't have to pay while the other groups have to pay $180 a year.

• Like 1

wishing they would simply use their forum as many of us, especially myself, do not use f book. ill have to have G get into there and keep me informed.

please post on the atv/utv section on rides as you learn of them! hoping for an outing but dealing with issues so cant make all that I wish I could. gotta get one in to keep my sanity tho

thank you Kris! :cheer:

Currently, we're using MeetUp and the events calendar on FB.

If you don't want to use FB, then MeetUp (it's a phone app) would be your best choice, however you need to be a member in good standing (aka, paid membership) of one of the clubs to have access to it.

There are a lot of folks upset with MeetUp due to their "Resist" movement.  If you want to read more about that, just Google "MeetUp #resist".  It's all anti-Trump.

-Kris

• Like 1

feel free to post rides here in the utv section. im not a f-book member and not an app user and now of course would not utilize that due to their anti American ways.

in addition zuckerberg is a fkn lib as well and I refuse to support a liberal cause.

a forum like this is way more user friendly as well and gives one a chance to talk details, visit and plan. then talk about the ride afterwards and share photos. when id utv had the site going It was unused and threads yanked so no history of events is seen. a lot of interesting posts by users disappear in thin air. also seemed as if most of the atv groups show more cancellations of rides, than rides themselves. fair weather riders or what?

just why is it that whomever runs the id utv website does not want to utilize a superior tool like their own website? was the downfall of id open carry as well.

anyways, was hoping for a group snow ride but it is now time for a muddy ride :thumbup:  . up for that?

id utv plans kris? care to join us as well? mikey is finally bringing his down for a camp and ride :thumbup:

20170105_090055.thumb.jpg.d5e4ca1737f9735b64b86643ad0693e6.jpg20170204_152729.jpg2.thumb.jpg.1f54422295b90c77bcf446c44c52fbc8.jpg20161016_1426102.thumb.jpg.459b200d88ce9f19101aeaf525676516.jpgpost-4-145494344879_thumb.jpgpost-4-145494344892_thumb.jpgpost-4-145494344911_thumb.jpgpost-4-145494344927_thumb.jpgpost-4-145494344634_thumb.jpgpost-4-145494344648_thumb.jpgpost-4-145494344638_thumb.jpg0503151336.thumb.jpg.bda6f0e9a725dd85375e7813811d1f8c.jpg

I've been super busy with the club, more so now that I'm the club president.

I'll cross post the rides as they get published with about a 4 to 6 week notice, or as much as I can get depending on when the ride info is sent out.

The ID-UTV site has been hacked twice in the past roughly 60 days, so we're cutting our ties with the guy that was supposed to be hosting and maintaining it because clearly it's not being maintained.  The version of Word Press being used was how it got hacked, and this last time it messed up the visitor count so we had to remove it for the site to regain functionality.

We have a guy that's going to redo the site and make it look similar to this: http://evenews24.com/

This is a news site for a video game I play called Eve Online.  It's basically internet space ships, but includes a lot of the politics happening in the game, updates that are coming from the game developers, and some of the epic battles for different parts of space in the game like:

The battle of solar system B-R5RB - losses were equal to $330,000 USD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

Siege of solar system M-OEE8

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/siege-of-m-oee8/

We're going for a news article style so that the info is laid out in a clean and clear format, and gives it a professional look and feel.  Submissions will be easy to do and while it won't function like a forum, it will present information like a forum ... we just won't have internet trolls or vulnerabilities.

-Kris

• Like 1

So very sad... Between the server administrator and the software you chose is going to make or break the ability to keeping the data safe from hackers. This why I push Muddy to ditch the vB3 software because it's very insecure software and no longer supported. Then the other problem is passwords most people use easy passwords that can be brute force by a simple dictionary program. Back to the software side if the software is cheap or heavily modifed then the chances of a hacker finding a hole like SQL injection or XSS hole then of course your going to have issues. Again about purchasing a software that is keep up to date and the admin is also hacker savvy that actually attempt to hack back into the site looking for weakness and closing the doors as he find them. 

• Like 1